NRA Reelects Charles Cotton as President, Wayne LaPierre as CEO/EVP at Houston Board of Directors Meeting

I've been getting a bunch of phone calls from them lately which I just ignore immediately usually. The other day I picked up and some woman with a southern accent starts going through her spiel. I interrupted her and asked if Wayne LaPierre was still involved with the NRA which she confirmed... That's when I told her to remove me from all call and mailing lists until Wayne is gone and I'm prepared to donate money as soon as he leaves.

Any further calls, if I have time, will be me answering and then asking them to hold on a minute while I deal with my kid. Then I'll mute the phone and walk away leaving it there just to see how long it takes for them to realize I'm not coming back.

Not planning to renew my NRA membership when it comes up. Looking at GOA and trying to decide if I just do the yearly membership or do the lifetime. I'd probably end up with the better deal doing the yearly.

Ditto. Money would be better spent I think on GOA or SAF?
Don't give to SAF.

I did and can't get off their mailing list despite months years of trying.

I'm also not giving to GOA due to there support of the amended HB307 restricting the use of firearms. I won't touch them with a 30' pole due to that shit.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but in decades of membership I've never gotten a phone call from the NRA. It was also easy to get off their promotion list. I'm not given them a fricken cent until WLP is gone.

Non answer-sorry, but not sorry. Support your locals if they are worth a f***.

How much longer are we going to have to put up with these crooks? Does it make me a bad person if I hope that LaPierre is arrested one day and charged with fraud? Anything to get that blood sucker out of the org.

Don't give to SAF.

I did and can't get off their mailing list despite months years of trying.

I'm also not giving to GOA due to there support of the amended HB307 restricting the use of firearms. I won't touch them with a 30' pole due to that shit.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but in decades of membership I've never gotten a phone call from the NRA. It was also easy to get off their promotion list. I'm not given them a fricken cent until WLP is gone.

Non answer-sorry, but not sorry. Support your locals if they are worth a f***.

So you are not supporting any national organization ? Weak sauce.
Local is great, but only a Fudd would reason that "none" of the national organizations are worthy and sit back while the anti crowd had their way.
Shame on you

We need to work with what we have and if you want reform then roll up your sleeves and do something. This skinflint attitude when coming to national politics will fall us all

So you are not supporting any national organization ? Weak sauce.
Local is great, but only a Fudd would reason that "none" of the national organizations are worthy and sit back while the anti crowd had their way.
Shame on you

We need to work with what we have and if you want reform then roll up your sleeves and do something. This skinflint attitude when coming to national politics will fall us all

I'm not giving money to an organization that is going to waste my time or money.

I've been a life or higher NRA member for years. Not another dime until WLP is gone. After that and after seeing a change in direction from the organization, then maybe.

GOA backed a bill to restrict firearm use in NH. NRA did as well, but not as voraciously as GOA. Tell me why I should support that.

I sent SAF a nice donation on 20 Jan 2021 and figured that was a convenient date., Since they they blow up my PO box with over the top dramatic mailings and refuse to remove me. Tell me why I should support an organization that wastes my time and my money on mailings.

Back
Top Bottom