NRA Instructor Course

Mass-diver

NES Member
I read some older threads that were helpful and have given me some leads.

I am looking for my NRA instructor cert/home safety. I took my safety class 20years ago for my LTC and I don’t have a copy, so I would apparently need that too (one person mentioned rolling them into one).

1.) I have a super busy work schedule, I am willing to pay more for flexibility/semi-private/private etc

2.) I’m on the south shore (cohasset), the closer the better. I’m a member at Marshfield

3.) Quality of instructor is obviously important

Message me or post comments/advice/names here

Thanks!

I read some older threads that were helpful and have given me some leads.

I am looking for my NRA instructor cert/home safety. I took my safety class 20years ago for my LTC and I don’t have a copy, so I would apparently need that too (one person mentioned rolling them into one).

1.) I have a super busy work schedule, I am willing to pay more for flexibility/semi-private/private etc

2.) I’m on the south shore (cohasset), the closer the better. I’m a member at Marshfield

3.) Quality of instructor is obviously important

Message me or post comments/advice/names here

Thanks!
Rick Sitte, @scouter-rick, is a great instructor. He's who I got my HFS/BOPS instructor from. I haven't had an update email from him in a year or so, though, and have heard he's gotten pretty busy. GOAL's own Jon Green, @JGreen, is also pretty solid.

Rick Sitte, @scouter-rick, is a great instructor. He's who I got my HFS/BOPS instructor from. I haven't had an update email from him in a year or so, though, and have heard he's gotten pretty busy. GOAL's own Jon Green, @JGreen, is also pretty solid.
The above are the only two instructors (other than myself ;)) that I recommend, from personal experience.

Rick doesn't hang out here anymore. Yes, he's tremendously busy and works in the medical appliance world, so COVID has him balls-to-the-wall.

NRA a few years ago required that anyone looking to become an instructor has to take the student course first prior.

The above are the only two instructors (other than myself ;)) that I recommend, from personal experience.

Rick doesn't hang out here anymore. Yes, he's tremendously busy and works in the medical appliance world, so COVID has him balls-to-the-wall.

NRA a few years ago required that anyone looking to become an instructor has to take the student course first prior.
I'm personally also a fan of a few of the folks in the HSC cadre (I might be biased) but it's a longer trek for someone down on the South Shore.

this is also on my to do list. Want to be certified to teach my Women on Target courses so I'm not reliant on 1 person.

I took my RSO course with Rick Sitte and have heard great things about Jon Green.

I took my NRA Basic Pistol and Home Firearm Safety instructor courses with Jon Green at GOAL. Great class and awesome instructor.

I took my NRA Personal Protection in the Home instructor course with Rick Sitte. I had Rick assist me in teaching my first PPIH class and later he asked me to assist him in teaching one of his Basic Pistol instructor classes. He's a great instructor also.

Both of them are "on the same page" as I am about teaching to the curriculum with no short-cuts. Many others don't do justice for their students.

A friend took his instructor classes with a North Shore NRA training counselor who showed them a video, handed them a book to read and a few hours later handed them their certificates.

A friend took his instructor classes with a North Shore NRA training counselor who showed them a video, handed them a book to read and a few hours later handed them their certificates.
I can't imagine running a class like that.

I ran HFS for a pair of friends yesterday. We spent almost 7 hours on the material, to make sure they felt like they'd gotten what they needed from it.

Rick Sitte is teaching the pistol instructor class at Mansfield Fish and Game this coming Saturday and Sunday.
Have no idea if space available.

Hey everyone,

I'm interested in becoming an instructor. I'm in the Lawrence/Haverhill/North Andover area, I wanted to know if what was said above is still valid or if anybody would like to give me some pointers since this post is from December 2021. Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I'm interested in becoming an instructor. I'm in the Lawrence/Haverhill/North Andover area, I wanted to know if what was said above is still valid or if anybody would like to give me some pointers since this post is from December 2021. Thanks!
Nothing has changed regarding the requirements to become an instructor.

Back
Top Bottom