NRA 2019 Election: Candidates Recommendations?

I voted only for Adam.

Out of principle, I will never vote for a Nominating Committee candidate. The NRA has effectively denied members a vote by telling the sheep among us how to vote. If you don't have that magic endorsement, running is a waste of time.

An honest election does not come with a recommendation from those running the election telling people how to vote.

Last edited:
I tend to vote only for the candidates who are are actually currently active in legal and legislative issues because that is what is needed at this time.

I have no doubt that everyone described are pro-2A but "supporters, advocates, enthusiasts, collectors, sportsmen, celebrities, musicians, etc." can help the NRA without being on the Board of Directors.

The NRA board serves to meet legal requirements of the organization without taking any meaningful leadership action (like discussing the appropriateness of a $1M salary for an executive VP or $800kish for their legislative person) that would interfere with the ability of the career leadership to run the org as they see fit. Indicate you will rock the boat, or start rocking it once you are in, and the NRA will not tell the members to vote for you and you will not be elected or re-elected.

Last edited:
What would make Jim Wallace (GOAL lobbyist from MA) a bad choice for director?

He makes deals with politicians. Look at the 2004 permanent assault weapons ban in exchange for a grace period for LTC renewals. Not needed people should remember to renew. There would have been an opportunity to get rid of the mass ban when the federal ban sunsetted, but no GOAL and Wallace sold out....

People from anti gun states are constantly on defense. People from free America understand going on offense and fighting to reclaim and expand rights. People like sell out Wallace come from s different state of mind.

He makes deals with politicians. Look at the 2004 permanent assault weapons ban in exchange for a grace period for LTC renewals. Not needed people should remember to renew. There would have been an opportunity to get rid of the mass ban when the federal ban sunsetted, but no GOAL and Wallace sold out....

People from anti gun states are constantly on defense. People from free America understand going on offense and fighting to reclaim and expand rights. People like sell out Wallace come from s different state of mind.

It's more likely that Wallace saw the writing on the wall that in this state there was no way to stop the 2004 AWB from going forward, so he got out of it what he could.

Some would have preferred a statement that we had a one-time registration/grandfathering (NY and CA style) in order to make a statement.

Do not vote for the 25 you can vote for. That only waters down the vote for those who we need to get on the board. I never vote for more than 5-6 and Kraut, Esq. was one of them.

It's more likely that Wallace saw the writing on the wall that in this state there was no way to stop the 2004 AWB from going forward, so he got out of it what he could.

The lesser of 2 evils is still evil. Jim Wallace is the politicians representative to the gun owners. He is NOT in any way the gun owners representative to the politician. In other words, he is telling you how many of your rights he'll trade away today so he has some left to make a deal and trade away next time. With friends like Wallace... well you get the idea...

Some would have preferred a statement that we had a one-time registration/grandfathering (NY and CA style) in order to make a statement.

Ahh yes.... the grandfathering and registration trick so they know who owns what and where to go to confiscate it later. I am constantly amazed at how many posts I read about folks and their EFA 10 forms... registration has always led to confiscation. It is not a matter of if but rather when they will confiscate your guns after they are registered. NHFC said as much in an alert a few weeks ago:

https://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/2019/01/action-alerts/we-need-your-help-now/

In every state or nation that has registered firearms, those registration lists were later used to confiscate guns when laws were changed. From Nazi Germany in the 1930s to Uganda in the 1970s to New York City in the 1990s to Massachusetts in the early 2000s. Registration and records of firearms sales in the hands of government has always led to bans and confiscation. Nelson T. “Pete” Shields, one of the original founders of Handgun Control, Inc. said as much in 1976.

The lesser of 2 evils is still evil. Jim Wallace is the politicians representative to the gun owners. He is NOT in any way the gun owners representative to the politician. In other words, he is telling you how many of your rights he'll trade away today so he has some left to make a deal and trade away next time. With friends like Wallace... well you get the idea...

I think that you missed my point. No one, no way in hell was going to stop the MA legislature from doing what they wanted to do. Why not get something out of a no-win situation?

Even if Romney vetoed the vote, which is a big laugh, the legislature still had the votes to move forward.

OTOH, what could Wallace have done to prevent the 2004 AWB extension?

Mailed my ballot out this week. Don’t put it off, do your part!

Attachments

• 242EDEB3-9FEC-4E27-ACB9-BFF3DC1818CC.jpeg
    242EDEB3-9FEC-4E27-ACB9-BFF3DC1818CC.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom