• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NPR Busted Framing Self-Defense Getaway From Gun-Toting 'Protesters' As Right-Wing Extremist Attack

Reptile

NES Member
NPR has altered an article after they were busted using a misleading photo of a 'vehicle ramming' in Louisville to make the claim that 'right-wing extremists' are targeting protesters with cars.

Honestly, truck comment made only partly in jest. Obviously the best scenario is to avoid ever being in a situation in the first place, but if ever again in a bad spot as far as being blocked in w/ aggressors all around, I'd like to have a vehicle capable of getting out.

Years ago when working in North Saint Louis (think Ferguson and it was just as 'nice' back then), our drivers were all tied up and I had to make an emergency delivery to a big customer on MLK Blvd. Delivery dock was actually in a sketchy alley behind the business. After visiting a while I went back to the truck & as I was getting in a carload of 'locals' to the front and a carload of the same from the rear raced in close and blocked me both ways. Figured I was F-ed and the only way to maintain balance of power was to stay in the truck and 'politely inform them of my intentions to proceed' LOL. No, nothing polite about what I yelled to them and the ones in front got the hell out of the way quickly as soon as I put the truck in gear. Helped that it was an all wheel drive GMC 3.5 ton duallie and would have been capable of shoving their ride into the next block. If I were in some little shitbox who knows if I'd be here writing this today. Younger pre-carry days so that wasn't part of the plan.

NPR has altered an article after they were busted using a misleading photo of a 'vehicle ramming' in Louisville to make the claim that 'right-wing extremists' are targeting protesters with cars.

NPR should be sued and defunded. I don't have cable, so unless i'm on the net, to look at BB, or other sources of news, I will never get anything truthful from NPR/PBS. I do NOT understand why we are forced to fund them. Their Bias is beyond the imagination.

NPR should be sued and defunded. I don't have cable, so unless i'm on the net, to look at BB, or other sources of news, I will never get anything truthful from NPR/PBS. I do NOT understand why we are forced to fund them. Their Bias is beyond the imagination.
I think you don't know how NPR and PBS work. Their taxes filings are publicly available. They derive funding funding almost entirely from listeners/viewers. This is why there are endless fundraisers throughout the year.

No airbags or fuel cutoff. 4wd and big heavy chrome bumpers on good old American steel. Brand new Cooper rubber on all 4 wheels suitable for "off road" traction. Brush guard will be coming.
View attachment 368230
I was responding to the airbag comment, but yeah. Old iron works. Older the better.

My nephew is a mechanical savant. He put a one-wire International diesel (glow plug, no computers) into a '70s F250 4WD.

You could put that truck into granny up a 40 degree slope, get out, take a whiz, stretch your legs, and walk maybe four feet to climb back in.

I think you don't know how NPR and PBS work. Their taxes filings are publicly available. They derive funding funding almost entirely from listeners/viewers. This is why there are endless fundraisers throughout the year.
True, although they still should be sued like CNN for the Covington HS case where they tried to frame Nick S. for harassing a Native American. Unfortunately these media outlets rarely suffer any consequences for their actions.

True, although they still should be sued like CNN for the Covington HS case where they tried to frame Nick S. for harassing a Native American. Unfortunately these media outlets rarely suffer any consequences for their actions.
I'm in board with that. They should be held responsible for false statements.

I was just tired of the whole defund thing from people who don't know what they're talking about, and that was the day I decided to say so.

Back
Top Bottom