• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Now 2 more NH Hunters

Since NH has a 5 round max on mags for hunters, I have had to sideline a few rifles. I just received 2- 5 round steel Cetme mags from Samco, $6.95 each. I also had bought a couple 5 round .223 AK mags since nothing was availible for 5.45. Guess what, they have the same follower as my Bulgarian 30 round 74 mags. I did not have to touch them at all for them to function. They only hold 4 rounds, but for coyotes or woodchucks that is enough.

I put a 30mm red dot on the AK74 and the Cetme has a Hensoldt Z24 on an HK stanlag mount. The Cetme is showing great groups w/ 110gr varmint bullets over H335 and BLC(2). I can handle 3200fps+. [smile]

DSCF0003-4.jpg

Last edited:
It is unlawful to:

*negligently shoot, wound or kill a human being while hunting, or abandon a wounded or killed human being;
*negligently discharge a firearm or cause death, injury or damage to domestic animals or property while hunting;
*possess a firearm with ammunition, bow and arrow or crossbow and bolt while attempting to locate or illuminate wild animals at night;
*illuminate wild animals from Sept. 1 to Dec. 1, except moose from Sept. 1 to the 2nd Tuesday in October from sunrise to 9 p.m.;
*hunt from 1/2 hour after sunset to 1/2 hour before sunrise, unless specifically regulated in this book;
*shoot while hunting from or across the right-of-way of any town or state-maintained road (if uncertain of type of road, don't shoot);
*hunt from inside of or on the surface of, any type of motorized vehicle, including aircraft, motor vehicle, or OHRV;
*hunt from a boat or canoe before all movement from mechanical power has stopped;
*carry a loaded firearm with ammunition in the chamber, clip or magazine leaning against, inside of, or on the surface of any type of motorized vehicle moving or stationary;
*bait for game animals, including deer, bear, furbearers or coyote from April 15 through Aug. 31;
*bait for game animals, including deer, bear or coyote, without written landowner permission filed with a conservation officer;
*enter posted land without permission of the owner;
*willfully tear down, obstruct or leave open any fence, gate or bar belonging to, or enclosing land of another person or remove or deface any posted sign or property;
*litter on any public or private land;
*hunt with a fully automatic firearm. It is also illegal to hunt with a semi-automatic rifle with a clip or magazine holding more than five cartridges (except .22 cal rimfire rifles and pistols), or use full-jacketed metal case bullets;
*possess more than one of any type of regular hunting license or permit, use another person's license or permit, or allow another person to use use your license or permit.

If you use a lever action in a pistol caliber, it is similar to the .22 rules. Again if it is a tube mag that can't be altered. My .44-40 holds 10, but I load 4 for hunting. Still legal.

Back
Top Bottom