Novice playing with the Fuji 101,,;)

MJ1

Learning something new every day. Jump on in and show your photo skills please. No

...MJ...
gold-medal-2053-1-oz-popcorn-bag-1000-cs1_zps99845a8e.jpg

Last edited:
Kodak 8.2MP AF3X (c.2006-$90). Reduced setting to 3.1MP, using close range, non-flash setting. I also used a three foot steel rod to stabilize the camera.

I didn't get my Garand until a year ago (1/11/12), after almost 20 years of collecting. They never really appealed to me being a Mauser guy and a bolt-action in general type collector, but I figured I'd better get one while they were available. I'm growing more appreciative of it as time goes by. We had a few getting-to-know-each-other problems; first peep sight, first semi-automatic rifle, etc., but I've gotten better with it to the point of ringing a 2-foor circular steel gong 8/8 times last time out at 200M.

I asked CMP for a standard service grade WWII Springfield receiver with GI wood. This one has a SN dating it to December of '42, a 1+/2+ SA 12/55 barrel, and a SA bolt with the balance of parts HRA including the stock. This one was a probable Greek return with the black oxide finish; I kind of like it a little better than the standard park finish. The white crayon really stands out; hint - microwave the crayon for about 10-12 seconds to soften it and it fills the markings better. You can see the roll mark on the receiver was deeper at the ends than in the center.

MS

Last edited:
12 year old Fuji 2600z $80 used. Tri-pod no flash timer set at 10 sec.

DSCF0011b_zps30580d07.jpg

51d37d9b.jpg

My first job over seas was unpacking 2K M1's cleaning and issuing them. I paid no attention to what I handled. It was sun up to sun down boiling detergent and pails of diesel fuel. Gloves? LOL

Last edited:
I'm still using the same Kodak digital point and shoot 3.0 camera I did years ago

k98.jpg

100_1939-1.jpg

I'd like to get a nice camera but I have no idea what's good, what's crap, or what I can get for cheap money that will do what I want.

Send me an email and I will cover you in large pictures.

DSCF0001_zps6a5e48b2.jpg

I let almost all my Finn's go last year 27's 28's 28/30's 39's and this is one of the few left.

this was on MACRO with the Fuji.

I'm absolutely loving MJ1's frequent pictures of his collection. I desperately want to join into this thread (as well as the doubles thread), but I have a left hand thing that has put me on the DL for a few more weeks/months. I'll return with a vengeance though, as I have picked up a number of interesting things over the past month.

Nice FN I have a warm spot for those. Try using a tripod and the timer no flash and indirect natural lighting. Tripod takes the shakes out and can be a one handed operation. I use a covered porch that gets defused sun light when I can.

7badde05.jpg

I'm trying to get around to posting some pics. Been trying to take better pics. I have a 8 year old camera and still not very skilled in the download upload find file download to FB
upload to here.....takes some people secounds, its a few cups of coffee for me.

Is that a 5mm Sheridan in the last pic? Sweet.

8eb77638.jpg
No its a 177. Friends said it sucked for accuracy. Well if he took the time to clean the factory over spray from the barrel and been a bit more careful on the muzzle end he would have been grouping better...it doesn't show well in the pic but if you can zoom in you will see where I hi-lighted the areas that still had paint after trying to remove. I eventually removed all the paint from the bore recrowned and off a rest pull 1/2 groups @40 yards with no wind. Polished the trigger too.

Ps nice optic collection....

My big problem is I don't know how to use my photo package well. My pictures seem to randomly get filed away and lost in my computer? Sometimes I never locate pictures I up loaded? There's so many files sections and such I cant figure it out. It took me a long time just to figure out how to get the pics from the card to the computer and I'm just figureing out how to use the camera other than turn it on to auto and push the button.

Back
Top Bottom