Nothing worse than smoking cigars. Lol

A rule in effect for Saugus High School stipulates that student-athletes are to refrain from being anywhere drugs, alcohol or tobacco may be in the vicinity. A violation is defined by the use, possession or being in the presence of drugs, alcohol or tobacco.

That's a pretty strict rule. In high school, if my school had a similar rule, I wouldn't have been able to go to church, go to work, or even go home, as all those places had alcohol. Heck, smoking in public was still allowed back then, so even going out for the evening would have been prohibited...

A lot of schools have a lot of retarded rules. Smoking is banned at UMass Amherst, for example, even outside.

when i was in hs waaaay back, we had the same rule. my dad forced me to play football, i hated it but didn't want to drop off the team. i knew our coach would jump in his car after practice and patrol the area as we walked to the bus downtown trying to catch his players smoking...dope, cigs, etc. i use to smoke a f'n 1/2 pack of smokes during my walk hoping he'd catch me and boot me off the team. i had no damn luck. he caught others but not me.

That's a pretty strict rule. In high school, if my school had a similar rule, I wouldn't have been able to go to church, go to work, or even go home, as all those places had alcohol. Heck, smoking in public was still allowed back then, so even going out for the evening would have been prohibited...

Well that rule is f***ing stupid.... By that logic, they couldn't even go out to eat at almost any local restaurant because they almost all have liquor licenses.

Most HS I know have a 'contract' that athletes sign to play on the team. It usually says no smoking , no drinking. No exceptions. Stupid rule that people follow to the letter, and unfortunately, not the spirit of the law. But the kids are usually warned that these will be followed with NO exceptions.

smoking cigar provides enough physical punishment itself...i don't think one needs any extra

Seriously.

They already graduated so I don't get why they GAF over a lacrosse game. Maybe the it's the sportsmanship in them but they already won the grand prize. If they were withholding the grand prize then I'd have reason to be upset.

We were threatened with withholding our diplomas if we pulled off something stupid like being stoned, drunk or leaving our last burnouts in the parking lot or out on Littleton Rd. I know the Academic Director had his hairy eyeballs well focused on me. He appeared out of nowhere when I revved it up waving his finger in a "no, don't do it" motion.

I don't get this...they graduated. Who cares about the policy at that point?

Also if there parents smoke in their own house, in front of the kids, is that a violation?

That's an interesting question. Why hasn't Maura banned cigarettes so that parents don't subject their kids to unhealthy second-hand smoke?

This happened to a Beverly MA team a few years ago. Some bozo from the local newspaper printed a picture of the team "celebrating."

More than a few players were suspended for the state tournament.

What irks me is that this was like a 50 year tradition or something. Shame on the kids for not simply walking off of campus, but c'mon.

That superintendent has a stick up his ass. I'd be preparing my lawsuit; "Smoking? We weren't smoking - we were practicing sex acts for our gay/biracial/sadomasochistic graduation orgy later in the evening. Why is this school so BIGOTED? Bunch of nazi fascists, am I right?"

Back
Top Bottom