• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Not really a build

More of a modification.
I picked up a Saiga-12 last week and started converting it over the week end.

Before.

a.jpg

m.jpg

o.jpg

Last edited:
That's as far as I got Saturday.
When it's finished, it will look something like this.

gallery_935_3_11898.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, This happened to me the last time I tried to post pics here. I can see them, but apparently, nobody else can.

Here's a link, while I try to figure out why these are not showing up.
http://www.gunco.net/forums/f275/getting-started-40981/?=#post474746

It is because you are posting images on gunco while that forum requires people to log into browse. You need to post them somewhere that doesn't require a log in to see them. Try flicker or photobucket.

Good luck.
After talking with Madmarc this past weekend and finding out how much work is involved in converting one, I think I'll keep mine original.

There's really nothing to it.
I've been building AKs from scratch for years. Bending my own receivers, spot welding rails, hardening etc. Compared to that, these are a piece of cake.

I cant wait to see your's when it is finished, congrats in advance.
That completed version looks awesome!
It looks like it would be a nice shotgun to use during Deer week. [devil]

Today's progress.

I cut a piece of sheetmetal to fill in the old trigger opening and welded it in, I also welded up the other two leftover holes. Sprayed it with some Brownells baking lacquer, then baked it.

While it was baking I addressed the hammer issue. Two things must be done. You need to grind the hump near the axis pin off and shorten the right side by about .060

a-1.jpg

c.jpg

stock G2=top, modified G2=middle, Saiga=bottom

d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom