Northshore Firearms Middleton, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooooooo what you're getting at is your private security and not an actual cop working directly for the .gov, right?

Don't like it? Take it up with the state, not NSF. Bozo.

Not sure where you read that he doesn't work for .gov, he stated his department, just because he didn't identify the department means security guard? Seems like a leap to me.

Not sure where you read that he doesn't work for .gov, he stated his department, just because he didn't identify the department means security guard? Seems like a leap to me.

google his screen name.

I used to work at NSF. I know their policies. If you're a legit cop, you can easily buy a LEO gun. the guy is not a legit cop, or if he was, he cant produce proof that he is.

NSF wants to sell guns and make money. NSF does not want to turn people away, unless it has to under MA law.

If that poster wants to come back and defend himself, excellent. he hasn't. googling his name shows some interesting videos hes shot, other forums he uses and if i remember posts of at masscops. its been a while since i looked him up, though, and im not going to again since i dont really care.

Last edited:
google his screen name.

I used to work at NSF. I know their policies. If you're a legit cop, you can easily buy a LEO gun. the guy is not a legit cop, or if he was, he cant produce proof that he is.

NSF wants to sell guns and make money. NSF does not want to turn people away, unless it has to under MA law.

If that poster wants to come back and defend himself, excellent. he hasn't. googling his name shows some interesting videos hes shot, other forums he uses and if i remember posts of at masscops. its been a while since i looked him up, though, and im not going to again since i dont really care.

Not sure what videos someone has matters, but NSF is right to run their store however they see fit, just as the poster is entitled to his opinion. My only point was why the assumptions about the job, just disregard his opinion.
I can't speak to the policies as a former employee but would imagine there are legitimate law enforcement jobs that that a store may not recognize as "Leo". I have friends that work/ed for mbta police, & air marshals, that have had to provide proof that the weapon was for duty use when looking to buy a glock in state. We all know the sh!t show the laws are here

Not sure what videos someone has matters, but NSF is right to run their store however they see fit, just as the poster is entitled to his opinion. My only point was why the assumptions about the job, just disregard his opinion.
I can't speak to the policies as a former employee but would imagine there are legitimate law enforcement jobs that that a store may not recognize as "Leo". I have friends that work/ed for mbta police, & air marshals, that have had to provide proof that the weapon was for duty use when looking to buy a glock in state. We all know the sh!t show the laws are here

its not the store recognizing anything, its what the law says. the guy bitching in this thread should be bitching about STATE LAW, not NSF.

the Transit Police, Air Marshals and University Police are all ok to sell LEO guns to.

I suspect that the guy bitching about not getting a LEO gun is private security. just a guess, though.

the law is super gay. but NSF doesnt want to get closed down, so they are going to abide by it.

I have been there many times, enough so that they all know me. I have bought very little, mostly because I never seem to have $$$ when I am there, but my point is that they always treat me well and will go out of their way to help every single time I ask a question. Great guys, good selection, decent pricing, what the hell more can someone want? btw, to Barney Phyffe, "sorry dude"![laugh]

Not first hand, but a friend of mine just bought her first handgun from them. I don't know what she paid, because I didn't ask, but she was very pleased with the experience. The staff was friendly, polite, field stripped, cleaned, and lubed the gun before she left the store, and gave her advice on cleaning stuff and ammunition for both target and SD.

For a first time NSF customer I am very pleased with this shop. The level of customer service is very good, the prices are great and they have tons in stock. Russ took great care of me yesterday when I bought my Ruger SR22---ill definitely be back to visit him when I'm in the market for an AR or a 1911.

For a first time NSF customer I am very pleased with this shop. The level of customer service is very good, the prices are great and they have tons in stock. Russ took great care of me yesterday when I bought my Ruger SR22---ill definitely be back to visit him when I'm in the market for an AR or a 1911.

I was there today...they had a great price on the Ruger SR22lr...and the Smith and the Mossberg...great way to compare all sub 500 .22 AR wannabes.

Also, they had a lot of fun targets and a pretty good stock of ammo, though no real deals on 100pk 9mm 115gr. Bought some anyway, just 'cause I wanna support a local store.

My first time there, was treated well...even directed to a few alternatives for some hard to find parts my kid wanted (muzzle break, bolt release, etc.). I will be back! Love that they were open Sunday.

I was in Saturday trying decide what to buy since my LTC had finally come in. Despite being extremely busy (I saw at least 4 pistols leave while I was looking around) they spent lots of time with me making a few suggestions when I told them what I was after, before i finally decided on a Sig 2022 .40 The guy helping me apologized several times for taking so long with the paperwork. Oh and when I walked out there were another 3 guys filling out paperwork.

all in all great guys, and a great experience on my first buy.

I was in there on Sunday and they must have had half the inventory of guns they usually do. I bought the all black sw1911sc leaving only one other 1911 on that shelf for the time being.

I bought my SR9 from them the Wednesday before Xmas. They were very busy right at opening at 9am. Being my first time buying I wasn't sure of the drill. I forget who helped me but he was extremely helpful and patient. He made it a point to show me how to strip it down too. They have my future business.

I bought my SR9 from them the Wednesday before Xmas. They were very busy right at opening at 9am. Being my first time buying I wasn't sure of the drill. I forget who helped me but he was extremely helpful and patient. He made it a point to show me how to strip it down too. They have my future business.

That may have been me.
We're you looking for an all black, but ended up with the 2 tone?

No i grabbed the all black.

I think his name may have been Bobby(?).

He hurt his back that morning unloading a truck. Was walking around gingerly while helping me.

Last edited:
$19.99 for 50/box of federal 9mm (WTF) Up from $16.99 when I was there 3 days ago.

Funny, they had something on their website yesterday saying "We are proud to say that during this new era in the gun world, we did not raise our ammo prices because ammo cost have not gone up. Go figure" which they have since taken off.

Is there wolf 7.62x39 still marked $16.95?

I actually bought a box...and paid it. I didn't notice though as I bought a bunch of other ammo and Didnt catch it. My receipt showed I paid it though :(

Edit: looks like I'm not the only one as there is a statement on the website about the price being wrong

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah. Too late now to do much about it and I'm an idiot. This was right around Xmas I think.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I don't find these guys to be very customer friendly. The times I have been there they act like they are doing you a favor by selling you a gun.

$19.99 for 50/box of federal 9mm (WTF) Up from $16.99 when I was there 3 days ago.

Actually, the Federal's were $15.99 3 days ago. They can raise their 2 box limit on the current $19.99 price to a case limit and it won't make a dent on their 9mm supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom