• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

North Woodstock neighbors sue outdoor shooting range

Hey everyone, I’m the owner of this range. I just wanted to make it clear that I haven’t walked away from this! The range will be open starting May 1st for the season.

I’ve had to make adjustments to keep this thing alive and they haven’t made it easy. But believe it or not, as one individual, I am winning this case.

There’s over 40 names on the case that are trying to shut me down. Last summer I voluntarily shut my range down to Mitigate risk of further litigation. I even made my memberships expensive to limit it the amount of traffic. Hint, that didn’t please them either.

Anyways, I’d love to discuss with you all what I’m trying to do with this thing. Like I said, we’re open for business this summer and will be offering a plethora of courses that are friendly for all types of shooters. If interested memberships are also available.

My website is currently being built but is available to check out (www.goldbessshootingclub.com). Also, if you have any questions please feel free to send me an email [email protected]. I love the banter, the speculation made for a spicy read 😂

Hey everyone, I’m the owner of this range. I just wanted to make it clear that I haven’t walked away from this! The range will be open starting May 1st for the season.

I’ve had to make adjustments to keep this thing alive and they haven’t made it easy. But believe it or not, as one individual, I am winning this case.

There’s over 40 names on the case that are trying to shut me down. Last summer I voluntarily shut my range down to Mitigate risk of further litigation. I even made my memberships expensive to limit it the amount of traffic. Hint, that didn’t please them either.

Anyways, I’d love to discuss with you all what I’m trying to do with this thing. Like I said, we’re open for business this summer and will be offering a plethora of courses that are friendly for all types of shooters. If interested memberships are also available.

My website is currently being built but is available to check out (www.goldbessshootingclub.com). Also, if you have any questions please feel free to send me an email [email protected]. I love the banter, the speculation made for a spicy read 😂
In for the Sunday sunrise tannerite shoots!

Wishing you the best for a positive outcome.

Lincoln/Woodstock are overrun with them. They've bought every house and every inch of land where they can park a camper.
Funny you should mention it... my best friend is flying out from Kzoo in a couple months for a family reunion. When he said that, I made a snide remark about Hyannis (he's a Kennedy cousin). He said, "No - it's in Lincoln." [shocked]

Nice to hear about a new range opening! Might be good to post a little info about actual facilities. Seems geared towards pistol shooting. Any access for rifle shooters? Longest range target placement available?

To be curious are they using any of the town's bylaws as a basis or just butthurt and fear? Example the Disorderly Actions Ordinance. Town Ordinances | Town of Woodstock NH

A different NH town that I am looking at buying in has thing in their zoning and it is making me hesitate-search for towns without zoning. Even though I am renting in the same town and here daily range use.
View attachment 435282

None of that trumps the state range protection RSA

Here's the town compact language in NH RSA

I hope they counter sue the crap out of these people for harrassment

Last edited:
None of that trumps the state range protection RSA

Here's the town compact language in NH RSA

I hope they counter sue the crap out of these people for harrassment

Holy blast from the past and it's amusing to see how my land search transformed. :)

Of course the town I bought in is muddling through the zoning implementation thing so I'm somewhat along for the ride. 🙃 A shame I can't vote in that town until I move up there though.

What the White Mountains need is a nice indoor range with 24/7 key card access. But alas that is just too expensive for that area. Even White Birch in Dover has an RSO and is not 24/7.

Not really northern NH but it does seem like a nice range. Need something indoors on the NE side. I should just buy a mobile range. Probably cheaper than building.

Not really northern NH? Just people consider the whites to be northern NH

This is why i wouldnt consider buying land in the northeast.

New hampshire will fall as maine will in time as well.

The blue is infecting anyplace that anyone can have any fun.

Any such ordinances are subordinate to state law. If it involves a shooting range, it's null.
I believe that only refers to existing clubs that were established under the zoining and ordinances of that time. I don;t think that would apply here.

Back
Top Bottom