Non-ma**h*** flying out of Logan with long gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
To up your game, you can pull it out of the case and verify it’s not loaded on the sidewalk in front of the terminal before entering,

Don’t forget to look in the chamber and down the barrel. Best if you wave it around high and give it a good shake in the air to make sure it’s really unloaded. As homage to the middle eastern employees, they really appreciate a good loud “ALLAH AKBAR!” before packing up your gun and putting it away.

Lol. Good time to do this is when the Governor is passing through the airport.

The last version of the TSA regulations I read said manufacturers box OR box made for transporting ammunition. I've used plastic ammunition "wallets" several times with no issues. You can't use small plastic food storage tubs but I did that a few times without any problems.
I used plastic ammo boxes and had no trouble with AA, but that was years back.

FOPA allows you to drive through states with a firearm. They have to be out of reach of driver and any passengers, locked in a trunk or secured container if vehicle has no trunk to comply with FOPA.You have to make a continuous journey from origin state to destination state, with brief stops for fuel allowed. This is transporting, not carrying. A cased and unloaded long gun being walked through Logan is carrying it. No FID or LTC would subject that person to arrest if the police witnessed it. OP can do as he wishes, but it is not a chance that I would be willing to take. State Police patrol Logan. I would not want to cross them.
Dude, stop making shit up.

They don’t do this in Central Parking at Logan. They were doing at the B garage, but I haven’t parked there in ages. I just parked at Central Parking on Thursday.
We took the Logan Express out of Woburn. Very inexpensive to park car. Thunder stick and other baggage, no problem. Declared thunerstick, in it's hard case, padlock locked, at the counter at Logan and off we went. Nobbn problems. LTC was on my wallet in case there was one.

Dude, stop making shit up.
Ask the people in JFK and Laguadia who got busted on firearms charges for carrying in guns to check on flights if I am making that up. Plenty of bad news there! They claimed FOPA. Got them a jail cell. Your MA LTC is no defense against a felony handgun possession charge in NY.

Ask the people in JFK and Laguadia who got busted on firearms charges for carrying in guns to check on flights if I am making that up. Plenty of bad news there! They claimed FOPA. Got them a jail cell. Your MA LTC is no defense against a felony handgun possession charge in NY.
There has never been a case at Logan where someone traveling in accordance with FOPA has been jammed up. It simply hasn’t happened.

Now I'll explain it so that even you can understand it.

In case you missed it, the question was about flying out of Logan Airport. Unless they moved it, that was in Boston last time I looked. Your example has nothing to do with flying in or out of Logan. Which is no not in NY or NJ.

There has never been a case at Logan where someone traveling in accordance with FOPA has been jammed up. It simply hasn’t happened.
Not yet. Terrorist threat level could change tomorrow. An incident could change things the next day. I drove by many neighbors with expired registrations and MA inspection stickers today, some expired several months. All it takes is one encounter by the wrong cop to ruin your day or even the rest of your life with an arrest. If that makes me a paranoid fearmongering, so be it.

Now I'll explain it so that even you can understand it.

In case you missed it, the question was about flying out of Logan Airport. Unless they moved it, that was in Boston last time I looked. Your example has nothing to do with flying in or out of Logan. Which is no not in NY or NJ.
Terrorists threat level changes, which can happen overnight, TSA will be checking the bristled on your toothbrush. No way would I be in possession of any type of gun in MA without the FID or LTC.

NYC might as well be a different country as far as guns go.

ETA: Even that really isn't a big deal, if you get trapped in nyc, basically you just go to the airline and you tell them you need to forward my baggage to X.... I can't legally take possession of it here you guys are completely immune from prosecution here I am not end of story......

Report that to Comm2A and GOAL for future reference in the event that one of us becomes the so-called "test case". To each his own. Call me a cowardly bastard, chickenshit or whatever you want. No way is any type of gunpowder fired projectile weapon are going to be in my immediate possession without the proper MA LTC to do so.

Not yet. Terrorist threat level could change tomorrow. An incident could change things the next day. I drove by many neighbors with expired registrations and MA inspection stickers today, some expired several months. All it takes is one encounter by the wrong cop to ruin your day or even the rest of your life with an arrest. If that makes me a paranoid fearmongering, so be it.
Dude, just stop. The MA State Police recognize FOPA.

Report that to Comm2A and GOAL for future reference in the event that one of us becomes the so-called "test case". To each his own. Call me a cowardly bastard, chickenshit or whatever you want. No way is any type of gunpowder fired projectile weapon are going to be in my immediate possession without the proper MA LTC to do so.
Enough. Just stop.

Bless your heart!
Yup, always a big joke until the cuffs go on and that hollow "clang!" as the cell door closes behind you. Plenty of internet heroes on this website. Then they piss and moan after they get busted. I had one cell door slam behind me back in 1970 for underage drinking. Never want that to happen again.

Yup, always a big joke until the cuffs go on and that hollow "clang!" as the cell door closes behind you. Plenty of internet heroes on this website. Then they piss and moan after they get busted. I had one cell door slam behind me back in 1970 for underage drinking. Never want that to happen again.

Unfettered fearmongering doesn't help anybody though. There is absolutely nothing gained from that. I just had a sack of guns locked up in my car for a road trip that took me through all the states that everybody says I'm going to get arrested in LOL and I did it twice without skipping a beat.... or even caring about it because my s*** was tucked away. At some point during your life you will stop living in irrational fear hopefully it will come for you sooner than later. I'm at the point in my life where f****** up my travel plans over a mildly perceived fake/illusory problem is not worth the overhead of just doing what I need to do....

ETA: Even that really isn't a big deal, if you get trapped in nyc, basically you just go to the airline and you tell them you need to forward my baggage to X.... I can't legally take possession of it here you guys are completely immune from prosecution here I am not end of story......
I would ship it UPS to my destination and be done with it. If I was using a guide, I might save even more money by letting them handle it. Bring necessary clothes and cash.

I would ship it UPS to my destination and be done with it. If I was using a guide, I might save even more money by letting them handle it. Bring necessary clothes and cash.
You can't even do that anymore unless you're using a dealer to facilitate the cleaning facade... (protip, any ffl can take a gun in for "repair" and release it to its owner w/o a 4473)

ETA: unless of course you're willing to break a different set of laws or rules LMAO

Not a problem. We have enough lawyers to handle gun arrests. I would not even carry a pocket knife in Logan after 9/11.
You are not going to get arrested checking a gun in at Logan provided that you are obeying FOPA. It just doesn’t happen. I’ve checked guns at Logan. It’s not a big deal. State Police don’t put down their donuts to come jack you up.

From a couple of times I got delayed overnight, the airlines are prohibited by FAA regulations from releasing checked bags until you reach your destination. Even if, as happened to me once, your bags are put on another airlines plane the originating airline is responsible if the bags get lost.

That made for a frustrating 48 hours trying to get United to figure out where a bag they transferred to Delta ended up.

The situation was as Effed up as it sounds.

No time that I ever got hung up overnight would the airline release checked bags. In one case our bags made it to NOLA 4 hours ahead of us and were just sitting in the baggage area waiting for us.

The airlines don't care if your luggage gets lost and don't put much effort into finding it.

Unfettered fearmongering doesn't help anybody though. There is absolutely nothing gained from that. I just had a sack of guns locked up in my car for a road trip that took me through all the states that everybody says I'm going to get arrested in LOL and I did it twice without skipping a beat.... or even caring about it because my s*** was tucked away. At some point during your life you will stop living in irrational fear hopefully it will come for you sooner than later. I'm at the point in my life where f****** up my travel plans over a mildly perceived fake/illusory problem is not worth the overhead of just doing what I need to do....
Maybe getting arrested as a teenager changed my perception of things. Obviously, if I knew that ABCC and Boston PD were going to raid the joint that night, I would have stayed home. Wrong place, wrong time, got busted. Once bitten, twice shy. Makes me a very over cautious person.

Dude, do you even know the cases you're (incorrectly) referencing? The only cases of "people in JFK and Laguadia [sic] who got busted" are the morons who showed up illegally carrying guns in the city and then tried to check their guns when they left, like the woman from CO, or the ones who have them in their carry-on, like the idiot from FL or NC or SC, and none of them were protected by FOPA since they were not legal to posses the firearm in New York ("...from any place where he may lawfully possess..." One of the principal tenets of FOPA).

The case you think you're referencing regarding FOPA is Revell v. Port Authority (3d Cir. 2010), which is not JFK or Laguadia [sic], and one in which the Court ruled Revell lost FOPA immunity by taking possession of his firearms and taking them back to the hotel with him overnight, i.e. no longer transporting them.

Get your shit together or stop posting.

They don’t do this in Central Parking at Logan. They were doing at the B garage, but I haven’t parked there in ages. I just parked at Central Parking on Thursday.
Yeah, I park in the B garage reasonably frequently and near as I can tell they are there inspecting cars 24/7. Not particularly intensively, I'm always driving a wagon and they just look through the windows and wave me on, but people with sedans always seem to have the trunk popped.

I've also seen them running inspections on the main access road into Logan, but never had them wave me over. Terminal B parking, though--every single time.

Dude, do you even know the cases you're (incorrectly) referencing? The only cases of "people in JFK and Laguadia [sic] who got busted" are the morons who showed up illegally carrying guns in the city and then tried to check their guns when they left, like the woman from CO, or the ones who have them in their carry-on, like the idiot from FL or NC or SC, and none of them were protected by FOPA since they were not legal to posses the firearm in New York ("...from any place where he may lawfully possess..." One of the principal tenets of FOPA).

The case you think you're referencing regarding FOPA is Revell v. Port Authority (3d Cir. 2010), which is not JFK or Laguadia [sic], and one in which the Court ruled Revell lost FOPA immunity by taking possession of his firearms and taking them back to the hotel with him overnight, i.e. no longer transporting them.

Get your shit together or stop posting.
Depends what is "illegal". Single shot .22 is legal in all but a couple of states without a permit. MA require LTC or FID for same. I love it when internet geniuses get busted and jailed. Not a bad thing actually. They become the test cases so the rest of us can sit back and wait as courts sort things out. More test cases, the better. I just make every effort to ensure that I am not involved. Doesn't take much to yank an LTC.

Most people stop digging once they realize they are in a hole, but some just break out the power shovel and keep at it.
And some people can't wait until the "hole" is actually an 8x10 jail cell, the door to it clangs loudly after the requisite photomugs and prints. Bad night's sleep and meet judge next morning. Winning!

State Police patrol Logan. I would not want to cross them.
How many pair of pants do you own? ... you must sh*t yourself quite often.

Has any pant sh*ther here EVER seen the State PoPo, in the rare chance he is there and even rarer chance he is walking around, check ANY bags? ... I am talking about ANY bag, a plastic bag, a purse, a backpack ... ANYTHING.

HAVE YOU SEEN THAT?

Back your bullsh*t or stop talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom