NO LONGER NEEDED Anyone have an AR barrel nut wrench I can borrow? (Metrowest)

I have some parts coming tomorrow (Friday) but yesterday I realized that Stag never assembled my rifle properly.

The barrel nut on my rifle was loose. My barrel wiggles. My handguards wiggle.
I always wondered why I wasn't as accurate as my brother's :)

I removed the front sight and gas tube and was able to finger tighten it another 10 degrees.

So...I'm hoping to borrow a barrel nut wrench as I can't find one locally and I don't want to place yet another midway or brownells order. I already did 3 times this week (broke).

Last edited:
You also need a vice block for the upper - you're likely to screw something up, or mar the finish, if you try to secure the upper without the proper fixture. Don't forget to use a torque wrench (that's what the square hold in the barrel wrench is for). Spec is 30-80 ft lbs, with the wide range to allow for the proper positioning with respect to the gas tube.

You also need a vice block for the upper - you're likely to screw something up, or mar the finish, if you try to secure the upper without the proper fixture. Don't forget to use a torque wrench (that's what the square hold in the barrel wrench is for). Spec is 30-80 ft lbs, with the wide range to allow for the proper positioning with respect to the gas tube.

Ok thanks.
I spoke to stag. They said 70-78 ft lbs. Not to exceed 80.

Back
Top Bottom