No Guns for Negroes

Excellent video. I do seem to remember hearing about the Deacons somewhere in my travels but the video really drives home how important they were.

I like the comments in the second half about how all gun owners need to work together to keep their rights, there seem to be far too many people who think "it won't happen to me".

I have found that in debating gun control with people - especially those who are of a liberal mindset and/or of a minority group, there is one very effective bombshell that I resort to when people just won't listen about how gun control opresses people.

First I remind them of the things that Depicts detailed (gun control leads to later genocide) - then I say:

" you know as a white male I am pretty confident that if all the guns are taken away I probably don't have too much to worry about - I will be able to join up in some sort of govt. agency and get myself taken care of - you however as a member of <insert minority group here> are - if history is any indicator - probably going to have some real issues."

That at least gets them thinking and usually stops the debate dead in it's tracks. I have even had a few people come back later and ask more questions about firearm ownership.

Great video Kimmie - I will be forwarding this out to as many people as I can, and in the future I will try to remember to remind people of the existence of the 2nd Amendment Sisters - it's something I had sort of forgotten about.

I didn't do the research on this but have hear the 'rumor' for years about Dodd. In the video, it's stated that he had the Nazi law 'translated and 'sometimes' his Gun control act copied it 'word for word'. So, only certain parts were considered word for word, not the entire act.

This has been controversial and thrown about for years. None of us will ever know what was in Dodd's mind when he drafted the bill. But I think the similarities are there and it's substantiated that he had the translation done. I'm sure if you write to JPOF, they can give you something more concrete than what I've come up with. I know Aaron did his homework on this.

I found this:

http://www.hackcanada.com/blackcrawl/patriot/gun_laws_and_nazis_1.txt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_J._Dodd

Donna

Being a white guy who grew up in the burbs, I probably have the least experience on the subject and am therefore the most ignorant but....

While I can clearly see the historical importance, I just can't see how gun control is a black-only issue anymore. Every white guy I know has to worry about whether or not he'll get his application approved and I have a few black friends who have plenty of guns.

So I guess I have to ask, how is this still a black issue? Certainly it was in past, and certainly the historical significance must be mentioned but why is this being brought up now as a black issue?

BTW, I'm certainly not trying to bash or belittle the video or OP. Production wise it was very nice. I've just never understood why all the years growing up I was told to be color blind only to then watch people of minorities be the first to constantly point out color differences.(Or racial/sexual/religious)

I have friends who are Black, Spanish, Muslim, Asian, Jewish, Catholic, Atheist, Gay and so on. And I firmly believe that I get along with them because they do exactly what I was told to do my whole life: Be color blind. When I get together with my friends who happen to be a minority, the subject of race/color/sex/religion never really comes up. There's no point in talking about it. It would be like a blond, brunette and red-head talking about their hair. There's nothing note-worthy to speak of. Exactly how much time could people really spend talking about hair color? Not much right? So, exactly why should people be discussing skin color?

Gun control as it stands today knows no boundaries with respect to race. (That I know of...perhaps I'm just ignorant
shrug.gif
) So why is the focus of this video on blacks?

Snapshot, I think this video offers a true and full historical record of how our government has handled gun issues in the past.

I think you should see it as a warning... a preview of what COULD happen to any social or ethnic group who may be determined to be "UNWORTHY". Like say Veterans, Right wingers, people who speak out against the government, anti-abortion groups.

You name it, and there is somebody somewhere who wants to screw with these people, and all of us gun owners.

Gun control as it stands today knows no boundaries with respect to race. (That I know of...perhaps I'm just ignorant
shrug.gif
) So why is the focus of this video on blacks?

For one, probably to make the black community - who are by and large anti gun* and vote Dem - realize they as a community have been on the wrong side of the issue in the past decades. Gun laws are by their very nature, racist and or elitist, and the roots of gun control in this country are racist. At this point, guns laws are probably more about class then race, but race still plays a roll. I think the vid is intended as much toward the black community as a wake up call then it is about convincing everyone racism is the major factor in modern gun control per se. That's how I view it anyway...

* =

http://www.chron.com/content/chronicle/nation/guns/part1/gunside3.html

For one, probably to make the black community - who are by and large anti gun* and vote Dem - realize they as a community have been on the wrong side of the issue in the past decades. Gun laws are by their very nature, racist and or elitist, and the roots of gun control in this country are racist. At this point, guns laws are probably more about class then race, but race still plays a roll. I think the vid is intended as much toward the black community as a wake up call then it is about convincing everyone racism is the major factor in modern gun control per se. That's how I view it anyway...

* =

http://www.chron.com/content/chronicle/nation/guns/part1/gunside3.html

I agree this is likely the motivation behind the video. The idea that minorities blindly vote for anti's and are overtly discriminated against in licensing schemes is why I am always saying that gun owners need to welcome and promote shooting sports to minority groups. Keeping this outdated and racist idea in the zeitgeist that all gun enthusiasts are white rednecks pushes minorities away from joining in. In addition, this mistaken belief can be used as a wedge to further divide the nation using perceived racism to engender backlash from an ever increasing minority population.

I agree this is likely the motivation behind the video. The idea that minorities blindly vote for anti's and are overtly discriminated against in licensing schemes is why I am always saying that gun owners need to welcome and promote shooting sports to minority groups.
It's also instructive (and I suspect that this is why JPFO has an interest here) to note the basic function of fascism to use government bureaucracy to incrementally oppress selected groups of people while seemingly remaining within the confines of "the law"...

Each new oppressive measure is voted upon and implemented with the support of the "majority" while the "minority" are slowly suffocated and silenced (eventually, they are so deprived of rights and status that they are simply exterminated). Whether they be African American, Jewish or the newly identified "right wing extremists" (i.e. those that believe in a Constitutionally limited government).

We've been teaching some strange things to our children since WWII about what really went on in Germany because we are replicating them here now - even though the repeat of history is plainly evident...

I think the JPFO's approach here is shrewd - to use the parable of the mouse (who pleads for help from the farm animals who ignore him assuming that the installation of mouse traps does not affect them) to show that government is has long since been taking these incremental fascist steps against African Americans - so we all need to take notice and stop it because the mouse-trap will eventually find its way into all of our lives if we do not...

The liberal elite currently enjoy a badge of "champion for minorities" which may (or may not) have been deserved 50 years ago, but since then their actions have been anything but beneficial to "minorities" and they are using them as political pawns...

This hypocrisy needs to be pointed out to everyone so that they cannot be "used" in this manner. The racist, fascist, elitist policies need to be called out for what they are and those pushing these policies need to be drummed, shamed, driven, prosecuted, voted, lobbied, etc... out of positions of power...

Last edited:
Donna,

Outstanding video. Very informative and well produced.

Just curious, is that Tukufu Zuberi from PBS History Detectives narrating?

Number 6
Andrew

Yes, we, the firearm owners, have to finally get organized and do our best to preserve our right to keep and bear arms.
Another thing we should do is to stop being "minorities" of any sort and just be Americans.

This is a great production. Every person here can take a copy of it and have it played on their local access channel on their cable system.

LONG overdue bump.

I had typed out a response to another, new thread, and went searching for this thread for use in my response. Instead of high jacking the other thread I bump this one.

Many NES members do not know the history, knowledge and experience brought to NES daily. Many nights I spend hours just reading posts from NES earlier days. The histories of NES, GOAL and Comm2A and the other NE state organizations are fascinating.

Thank you to all NES members that have, and continue, to share.

Matt

Last edited:
I watched both parts. if you agree with the message as I do post this to every social media group you belong to and get this circulating. The underlying message here is that if you vote for a democrat you voted for a racist.

LONG overdue bump.

I had typed out a response to another, new thread, and went searching for this thread for use in my response. Instead of high jacking the other thread I bump this one.

Many NES members do not know the history, knowledge and experience brought to NES daily. Many nights I spend hours just reading posts from NES earlier days. The histories of NES, GOAL and Comm2A and the other NE state organizations are fascinating.

Thank you to all NES members that have, and continue, to share.

Matt

Thanks for the bump. Both parts were very interesting, and still so relevant.

This video is supposed to make gun rights people go "oh no, that's not what I meant." Instead it exposes the creator's own bigotry. Unfortunately this failed attempt at humor is blind to its own racism.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need shackles to be a slave, only a willingness to do what you're told.
If you are like me and truly obstinate, you could never be a slave...

Just saw this...not sure how I missed it the first time around. Very well done. You can be sure I will take every chance I get to share this with whomever I can.

This video is supposed to make gun rights people go "oh no, that's not what I meant." Instead it exposes the creator's own bigotry. Unfortunately this failed attempt at humor is blind to its own racism.

I find this video a lot more disturbing and offensive than the Kathy Griffin video.

Yep, Sarah Silverman is just another anti-gun liberal **** who masks her racism with "humor." Her and that equally unfunny pencil necked faggot Neal Brennan can go EABOD.

Last edited:
I think the Funny or Die piece on the Black NRA is... ah... not funny. Just stupid. Not clever. Not insightful. Not thought provoking. Not cute.

Just ****ing stupid.

Just saw this...not sure how I missed it the first time around. Very well done. You can be sure I will take every chance I get to share this with whomever I can.

Considering the last post before Thursday was 18 months before you joined NES, it was pretty easy to miss. [wink]

Still, very good and relevant video.

Wow, blast from the past. I was very proud of my involvement in this. Sadly, Aaron passed away several years ago and we lost a great fighter :-( I was honored to have met him and spend some time with him.

I missed this thread the first time around, so I'm glad I had the chance to see the film now. Nice piece of work. You should be proud, Donna! I would be honored to meet you.

I am constantly amazed by the folks who are so anti self-defense, but given the history of their own relatives, they should support anything that would at least help to even the odds. I will never understand humanity.

-Gary

Back
Top Bottom