No Charges For LAPD Cops Who Killed Hostage Because They Feared For Their Lives

That's not murder. They didn't intend to kill her. It is incompetence.
I'd say it qualifies as "depraved heart murder".

"Depraved heart murder" - Killing someone in a way that demonstrates a callous disregard for the value of human life. For example, if a person intentionally fires a gun into a crowded room, and someone dies, the person could be convicted of depraved heart murder. Murder

I remember studying murder in criminal law and the distinction between shooting at a boxcar on a train and killing a hobo being classified as manslaughter, but shooting at a passenger car being depraved heart murder. In one case, there was no expectation that the shot would kill someone, but in the other it was almost unavoidable.

You'd think in L.A. they'd have a much better looking reporter than that, all those out of work starlets and all.

with the amount of shootings in california you would think they would be proficient in their marksmanship to not shoot through a hostage...

I first heard the joke "Bang, Bang ,Bang LAPD Stop or I'll shoot " somewhere's about 40 years ago if that tells you anything.

"Feared for their lives"? There was a walker a chair and a f***ing person between them and the scary knife. If there were a clear or even remotely clear path between them then, OK I get it. In this instance, it's one of the most absurd excuses I've ever heard. Hopefully the Chief at least cans their asses for conduct unbecoming, or something similar, so they lose their pensions and get barred from civil service. It's about the best we can hope for at this point.

Back
Top Bottom