no application form but letter explaining "why I want a license"?

Hi - my fiance Kevin completed his NRA course late last year thanks to Jim Conway. Kevin's contacted the Watertown PD and was given this list of items to submit for his firearms license:

Course completion certificate
2 letters of reference
copy of utility bill
birth certificate
letter to chief Edward Deveau with reasons why he wants a license

I can understand the course completion certificate, and perhaps even the utility bill if the intent is to confirm that he lives in Watertown.

Does it seem odd that there would not be an actual application form? I would think that the form would ask for the reason Kevin wants a license, and they could ask for the names of two references on the form.

Why would they want a birth certificate? Is that to prove his citizenship?

Thanks...Karen

Man and I glad I live in a green town.

Hi Karen, I was just reading another thread here about the additional “requirements” your COP makes up for the license application. There is a standard state form that they should provide to you upon request. Many chiefs including yours put up additional obstacles in order to discourage applicants. Kevin can either fight the additional requirements and most likely never get a permit, or bow down to the chief’s requirements in hopes of getting a (restricted, I’m sure) license.

Sad really. [frown]

Because the application itself is now filed online, the PD does not need a written app. The APPLICANT does!

This has been discussed here at great length, but go to the CHSB website and download the app. It's in the "Firearms Support Services" section.

Because the application itself is now filed online, the PD does not need a written app. The APPLICANT does!

This has been discussed here at great length, but go to the CHSB website and download the app. It's in the "Firearms Support Services" section.

This should be the location of the forms.

Thanks for the input; I'll advise him to try the form.

I do expect Watertown to issue a restricted license, but that'll be a start - he can move to another town!

Back
Top Bottom