"Night Stand" Pistol locations/Storage question

Yes it is, I have never heard that before today. So I guess if someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night, you have to hope that you can openn the safe in time to defend your family.

Yep, that's the hope. [thinking]

Maybe ask them nicely to wait while you find the keys for your safe or try and put in the three digit tumbler combination under pressure? They don't want you to defend yourself in this state, they want you to call the police and wait 15 minutes while you watch your family members get beaten/abused and you shot. That's the preferred method in Massachusetts.

I'm not worried about some ahole making it to the bedroom whilst I'm passed out, but IF I was I'd get the small stack on with the buttons and mount it on the side of a nightstand. Maybe 60 or 70 dollars.

BUT - not worried about it - if some poor son of a bitch makes it into the bedroom then God bless 'em as my old lady really stinks up the joint some evenings.

...So I guess if someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night, you have to hope that you can openn the safe in time to defend your family.

First, they must complete this questionnaire, so you can determine the approved level of force to employ...

MASSASS.jpg

When I lives in Mass. I never kept mine locked up when I was in bed. It sat right where mine does now. On my bedside table.

I was a lot less worried that the safe storage fairy will visit me in the night than I would be about a criminal breaking in and I'm futzing with a safe as he breaks into the bedroom.

Of course now the pistol has a companion: My AR propped in the corner. My wife WAS smart enough to know to hide the guns if we had to call the paramedics, But honestly, I'll be damned if I'll compromise my security IN MY HOME based on what the dipshits on Beacon Hill said.

I leave one of these in the nightstand drawer: http://www.amazon.com/Secure-It-Han...B15U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1306851491&sr=8-3

If anyone felt the need to check
, they would see that I have satisfied the state's storage requirements.

I have one of these with the combi lock on (I also have a small safe that I don't have to get out from under the covers to open). It's handy as hell to have since I can satisfy MA law and just leave the lock one number off. It also fits in my glove box, under my seat and in the front of my back pack.

Since you didn't mention children...

Leave it out on the table, next to a quality flashlight your bedside table. Put a fully charged, cell phone on your wife's side and leave the phone on with the ringer off.
I'm presuming you have an alarm system and if you don't, you should.

When I said that's what I did (when I lived in Ma.) it threw the sheeple here into a hissy fit. Martha's minions are NOT going around doing 3:00AM "safe storage" checks executed by SWAT teams with no knock warrants.[rolleyes][laugh]

Your pistol will not jump up in the middle of the night and kill everyone in the room, the world will not end and IF something really does go bump in the night you'll have one less thing to worry about.

You have a choice comply with the letter of the law or choose to survive a home invasion.

+1

Back
Top Bottom