• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nice Unissued Norinco SKS at Patriot Arms

DW357

NES Member
Stopped by Patriot Arms in Ipswich on Saturday and noticed they had a really nice unissued Norinco SKS for sale for $495 that caught my eye. Looked like it was made yesterday.

I also saw a Yugo SKS on the rack but didn't catch a price.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it in case some NESers were looking for a nice SKS.

I paid $350 for a used Norinco SKS at Four Seasons back in 2012. Price was probably high back then but I didn't know any better. I thought SKS's have gone up in value as of late? No? This particular Norinco looks brand new unfired.

Myself thinks it's a good price for an Unissued Chinese SKS. Don't forget , that's what they are asking. My Fav is the Early Chinese like the one I have , same as the Russian ones

Love my early Chinese SKS and will never part with it
398px-Vietcong1968.jpg

Last edited:
you can still get used norinco mak90's instead of paying 500 for an sks...

I sense sarcasm??
preban Mak 90s are no where near 5 clams in a commiewealth state

Unissued yugo is around 450 +/- transfer.
its not that far off these days. Don't think new milsurp ones are coming in.
Id look for a Russian for a little more unless they want a D model. Most are arsenal refurbs.

I sold an unissued chinese /26\ for well over $500 at a LGS, consignment sale. After their vig, I still netted about $506 for the estate I just finished probating.
It sold this past November, FWIW.

Myself thinks it's a good price for an Unissued Chinese SKS. Don't forget , that's what they are asking.

I thought it was decent for an uissued SKS also. They've definitely shot up in value recently. And yes there's potential to negotiate the price I would imagine

Also if this is a later issue spike bayonet norinco sks they were never issued as arms to their military as they were made for the export market. And 500 is 100-150 too much for this rifle. There are still a ton of them around in that condition. Anyone who buys a chineese sks for more than 350-400 doesn't know the value of the rifle. Hell you could buy a chineese blade bayonet sks that came from Albania a couple years ago for 2-300.

Every gun owner should have at least one SKS...

I have my beat up early Sino-Soviet and a like-unissued Yugo. Love 'em both. So much character, so fun to shoot. Hardest part it decide which one to bring to the range with me. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

Also if this is a later issue spike bayonet norinco sks they were never issued as arms to their military as they were made for the export market. And 500 is 100-150 too much for this rifle. There are still a ton of them around in that condition. Anyone who buys a chineese sks for more than 350-400 doesn't know the value of the rifle. Hell you could buy a chineese blade bayonet sks that came from Albania a couple years ago for 2-300.

Like I did (1st Pic),and after cleaning the cosmo and stain, poly, sand paper etc the asking price for an UNISSUED is worth it. The ones like mine that came from Albania were 300, so 4 years later finding one for 450-500 that is Unissued isn't really that far fetched. Everything goes up in $

My Chinese next to my Russian, the Chinese is my Beater and shoots better imop

Attachments

• IMG_1257.JPG
    IMG_1257.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1389.JPG
    IMG_1389.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Like I did (1st Pic),and after cleaning the cosmo and stain, poly, sand paper etc the asking price for an UNISSUED is worth it. The ones like mine that came from Albania were 300, so 4 years later finding one for 450-500 that is Unissued isn't really that far fetched. Everything goes up in $

My Chinese next to my Russian, the Chinese is my Beater and shoots better imop

agree to disagree. 500 is way to much for a norinco sks period. If you are looking at a sks as a investment for c&r than u shouldn't being doing any sanding. People who collect sks won't even want to touch a bubbad sanded and refinished rifle. Look in the classified here and see how many bumps people have on their classified adds trying to sell sks for 4-500. The proof is in the pudding that they aren't worth this. A commercial issue "like new" sks is 350-400. You always pay more at gun shops but the current market for them doesn't have them moving at 500$. I bought un fired Russian sks with 500 rounds for 475$ last year. Hell I sold 2 sks's this year for 300$ & 350$ and it took me
months to sell it at that price.

agree to disagree. 500 is way to much for a norinco sks period. If you are looking at a sks as a investment for c&r than u shouldn't being doing any sanding. People who collect sks won't even want to touch a bubbad sanded and refinished rifle. Look in the classified here and see how many bumps people have on their classified adds trying to sell sks for 4-500. The proof is in the pudding that they aren't worth this. A commercial issue "like new" sks is 350-400. You always pay more at gun shops but the current market for them doesn't have them moving at 500$. I bought un fired Russian sks with 500 rounds for 475$ last year. Hell I sold 2 sks's this year for 300$ & 350$ and it took me
months to sell it at that price.

Agreed

I wasn't talking for collection, I shoot my guns and if investing in the SKS for profit you need to look elsewhere than that firearm

Your looking at starting bids and prior to close. These are "Reserve not met"

And then if you do win the auction you better have made arrangements that they will in fact ship to an ffl if your in Mass. They'll laugh at an 03 and and many outright won't send anything that's SA.

Yup

Everyone claims theirs is unissued or unfired if it doesn't look like it was dragged down a dirt road behind a pickup. Check the bolt face.

I wouldn't pay $500 for a Noricno SKS unfired or not. I would go $400 but that's about it.

The Chinese D, M and Sporters came factory to take AK mags for the American market, not modified later, just to answer a previous question. There were some others that were modified by the importers once they arrived in the states. Navy Arms I think did a lot of them, type 84 or something, I forget.

The nice thing about those is they don't hit the CT AWB (don't know about MA or NY) because they have no evil features besides the detachable mag as long as nobody bubba'd it with a Tapco stock or some such thing. Any AK variant will hit the AWB.

Last edited:
All soviet weapons were used. Think about it. Huge standing armies and police forces to keep the population under control. So no one knows how to use them?

Back
Top Bottom