NH State Reps vote to approve a Gun Free Killing Zone in our state house... UGH!

So in another thread said I was going to move to NH if we passed anymore stupid gun laws, I guess I should look further south instead. [frown]
What the house passed isn't a law per se. There were no penalties associated with breaking the rule. Also, NH is one of the free-est states in the country with respect to guns laws. The only places that are better are states like AK (which is frickin cold and is a different lifestyle cause the sun doesn't set for half a year.) and AZ. However AZ has the whole police state mentality thanks to Sherriff Aapio or however you say his name. Jose Guerena murdered by the police and they all walked with not even a charge levied.

My parents want to move to SC. I looked at the southern states during my job search, including SC because it would mean being closer to them, a 16 hour drive isn't "close". But I could not commit (not that I got an offer) to going to any of them because the guns laws, while better than Mass, suck compared to NH.

Last edited:
What the house passed isn't a law per se. There were no penalties associated with breaking the rule. Also, NH is one of the free-est states in the country with respect to guns laws. The only places that are better are states like AK (which is frickin cold and is a different lifestyle cause the sun doesn't set for half a year.) and AZ. However AZ has the whole police state mentality thanks to Sherriff Aapio or however you say his name. Jose Guerena murdered by the police and they all walked with not even a charge levied.

Didn't NH vote for Obama too?

So?

ME, NC, VA, VT, NM, and FL voted for Obama too, I don't hear you complaining about them and they all (except VT, it is a tie due to the ban on suppressors) have more restrictive gun laws than NH.

Then you haven't been reading my posts. Me thinks thou doth protest too much. NH has always Been like the last bastion of freedom, but with the way the politics are going up there, it won't be too long before the states are indistinguishable between them.

The rule states that legislators can't be searched. At least one, John Burt, has publicly declared that he will defy the rule, and will be carrying every day.

Sour grapes are purple

NH is blue, blue, blue. Better then Mass which is commie red. But no promised land.
Not everybody is a single-issue NRA follower, and both the republican party and many R candidates made some stupid mistakes in this past election.
ibkx2h.jpg
I've posted this map in another thread in a larger size.

How difficult is it to run for state office? In all seriousness.
Is it difficult to go from a full time job to a public servant and back?

With thanks to my employer I have been allowed the time to be at the house provided I get my job completed. (I use my vacation time to make up missing hours)
In terms of hours. (24 days in session last year, an ~20 additional days or partial days for committee meetings, (estimated 500 hours invested in Concord + outside county obligations and other meetings).
If you want to run , consider this as a good part time job.
PS I work long days when I am in the office.

Regards,
Design. PM me if you want more details.

Back
Top Bottom