NH non res

When is this meme going to die lol
View attachment 363887

I don't know what to think. I live inside that circled area and was outside a little while ago shooting my new steel target with my TX22. I went in my woods, shot four magazines and then went back inside to work. Half an hour later my wife texted me a screenshot of a post on the "Nextdoor" group where some lady was asking if anybody heard gunshots and that it sounded "too close for comfort". I checked and double checked and then checked again when I first moved here and I am 100% sure that I'm legally in the clear because there aren't any houses within 300 feet if where I shoot. However "too close for comfort" is giving me flashbacks of Massachusetts.

I don't know what to think. I live inside that circled area and was outside a little while ago shooting my new steel target with my TX22. I went in my woods, shot four magazines and then went back inside to work. Half an hour later my wife texted me a screenshot of a post on the "Nextdoor" group where some lady was asking if anybody heard gunshots and that it sounded "too close for comfort". I checked and double checked and then checked again when I first moved here and I am 100% sure that I'm legally in the clear because there aren't any houses within 300 feet if where I shoot. However "too close for comfort" is giving me flashbacks of Massachusetts.
I'm inside the circle too and nearly every day I hear gunshots, I've only once heard/seen any complaints, someone wrote to the town newspaper that they moved to NH from MA for "the woods and the quiet" - the next week the paper was flooded with "go back to MA if you don't like it, we shoot here" type messages.

There's going to be those types everywhere, you just have to hope they are the minority.

I'm inside the circle too and nearly every day I hear gunshots, I've only once heard/seen any complaints, someone wrote to the town newspaper that they moved to NH from MA for "the woods and the quiet" - the next week the paper was flooded with "go back to MA if you don't like it, we shoot here" type messages.

There's going to be those types everywhere, you just have to hope they are the minority.

I've been shooting on and off in that spot for a year and this is the first time anybody questioned it to my knowledge. I've also heard shooting coming form just about every direction from my house so I know that at least 2-3 of my neighbors shoot too. There is a big wooded hill that distorts sound like crazy so it does cause the sounds to echo around and sound closer than they really are. When my neighbor across the street weed whacks it sounds like someone is weed whacking behind my house in the woods for example. Out of courtesy I only shoot 22 and never for more than 10-15 minutes and I even bought a suppressor in January (still waiting on that stamp ATF).

I'm more than a month waiting now. Sent the app and check in mid June. Haven't heard anything and the check hasn't been cashed yet.

So I Ieft three or four messages on their answering machine and got a call back almost a month after the last one. The officer that called me said they were overwhelmed with NR applications and the two-week turnaround listed on their website is no longer applicable.

I initially submitted an application in early May, never heard back, and after leaving multiple messages, sent another one in June. The day after the June application was sent in was when they called me and explained the volume issue they were experiencing, and I told them that since I never got called back, I just sent in another application. The woman said they would return my original May application and check, which I received the next week with a note from the officer saying they received my June application.

They cashed my June check last week, so I’m expecting my license to be coming soon. I hope.

Well....I recently moved and did a change of address notification. I sent them a check for $3 so they can send me a new license with my new address on it, that was 3 weeks ago. I received the envelope today with someone else's license in it.

Next time reply with That was me but don’t worry if I was shooting at you you’d know it
jk

Too close to ma**h***s. Next time shoot something louder. f*** em!

NextDoor is the ancestral home of Karen, in all her nose-in-everyone's-business glory.

ETA: LITERALLY...

NextDoor.JPG

Last edited:
Next time reply with That was me but don’t worry if I was shooting at you you’d know it
jk

It was just a couple of 60+ year old women who live nearby. One lady even chimed in and posted that she was certain the shooting comes from a specific house a couple streets away but admitted the guy is legally within his right to do so. I found it funny because it was definitely me yesterday and not that guy. My intention is to continue shooting whenever I feel the urge but I’m undecided whether to ignore the posts or to walk over in person, introduce myself, and explain that I shoot legally on my land in a safe direction with a backstop so don’t worry. Or I could just mag dump 7.62x39 at all hours and then sit back and read the inevitable NextDoor comments.

My New Hampshire non-res expires August 31st. I haven’t received a renewal form yet. Should I get in touch? Download a form online and mail it in? I normally would’ve had one by now.
I never received one. I'd be surprised if you mailed today, if you got yours back in time.

I never received one. I'd be surprised if you mailed today, if you got yours back in time.
I handed it off to my mailman today. I’m not too concerned. I’ll update here when I get it.

Submitted my non res renewal June 25th, check cleared about two weeks later, licensed arrived by mail last week in July so, over all, the process took just about 4 weeks this time around. In the past going back as fare as1975 my renewals always took just 10 to 14 days. And I agree with Asaltweapon, at some point in the future Constitutional Carry may be overturned in the legislature and when it is they'll be a mad rush to get licenses. One nice thing this time around is my non res is good for six years instead of just four as in the past. Still very pricey but cheap insurance in my mind all things considered. Blame in on Massachusetts. When Romney bumped our fee up to $100, NH followed suit. Hopefully, I'll be a NH resident at some point and be eligible for the bargain $10 license!

... Out of courtesy I only shoot 22.
Put a clapped-out micrometer on that .223/5.56, maybe it's .22...

It was just a couple of 60+ year old women who live nearby.
maxresdefault.jpg

Renewal application got returned today. I forgot to write “all lawful purposes” for my reason for applying. :mad: That took 2 weeks. Resending it tomorrow. It expires the 31st.

Renewal application got returned today. I forgot to write “all lawful purposes” for my reason for applying. :mad: That took 2 weeks. Resending it tomorrow. It expires the 31st.

What did you put or did you leave it blank? If you left it blank, it was incomplete. If you put something in there, they are yanking your chain. My last renewal had "For the zombie uprising". No issue with that at all.

What did you put or did you leave it blank? If you left it blank, it was incomplete. If you put something in there, they are yanking your chain. My last renewal had "For the zombie uprising". No issue with that at all.
It was my fault. I missed it. Left it blank.

Back
Top Bottom