NH Non-res LTC

you cant buy guns out of your home state unless they get transferred to an FFL in your home state for them to transfer to you.

Long guns are a bit different.

It just gives you the ability to carry in NH. Something I really appreciated a month ago when I was on vacation in the white mountains.

It just gives you the ability to carry in NH. Something I really appreciated a month ago when I was on vacation in the white mountains.

Concealed carry of loaded firearms....

... you may (esp if you are south) get places that will ask for your DL... if you give them a MA DL, they'll many times ask for your MA LTC. I used to hold it so they can just see it enough, but not really see it and say, "I've got one, but it is meaningless in this state." and put it away. Luckily I no longer have to worry about it.

Just came in the mail today. I think it took 5 weeks, but I'm pretty happy. Stupid question: Does this mean I can buy ammo and mass compliant guns north of the border?

You could always buy ammo north of the border. (no permit was ever required for this)

You will not be able to buy non compliant handguns in NH, period, unless you have an MA FFL that is willing to transfer them to you, because due to federal law all out of state handgun purchases must get routed an FFL in the purchaser's state of residence before the purchaser can actually take possession.

-Mike

Actually it allows you to carry concealed. You can open carry without one, correct?

Yes, but without the permit you could not have ANY loaded handgun in a motor vehicle, regardless of it's "concealment" status. Thus meaning, someone open carrying in NH W/O a permit in NH will break the law the moment they get into a motor vehicle.

-Mike

Yes, but without the permit you could not have ANY loaded handgun in a motor vehicle, regardless of it's "concealment" status. Thus meaning, someone open carrying in NH W/O a permit in NH will break the law the moment they get into a motor vehicle.

-Mike

They'll only break the law if the handgun is loaded IIRC. So in other words, without a P/R license, you can OC. When you get into your car, the handgun has to be unloaded (no magazine, nothing chambered).

They'll only break the law if the handgun is loaded IIRC. So in other words, without a P/R license, you can OC. When you get into your car, the handgun has to be unloaded (no magazine, nothing chambered).

I basically said that. The point of my post was to illustrate that just because NH has "permit-less OC by default" it doesn't apply to motor vehicles, at least in the respect of how most people would be carrying a handgun. (I don't
know anyone offhand that likes carrying an unloaded handgun around, kinda defeats the purpose. )

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom