NH Non res license change?

FrugalFannie

NES Member
I was reading that NH no longer requires a non resident to have a license in their home state in order to obtain a NR license in NH. Has anyone heard this? Confirm it?

Not sure where you are reading this but the official form on their web site still states
"A non-resident pistol permit will not be issued unless you supply:
1) A copy (front & back) of your valid concealed carry permit issued by the state, county, or town in which you
reside, or a valid concealed permit issued by any other state."

I was on the phone with NH licensing on Wednesday, and you DO need "any other state's license."

And I was also told they still will NOT issue one if your LTC is restricted.

Pro-Gun New Hampshire hasn't "fixed" this yet. I wonder how they get away with it?

Last edited:
So according to the instructions, if you can't get an unrestricted LTC from the People's Republic of Massachusetts, get one from FL, UT, or some other friendly state and send a copy of it. They quite plainly say "or". This problem has happened once before in NH, where some mid-level person in the chain decides on their own that they can and should impose their own more restrictive requirements. Until Sam or someone else can get the attention of one of their superiors to get them back in line, everybody has to put up with their crap.

Ken

I'm sorry I can't find it. It may have been proposed legislation or on someone's "wishlist" for proposed legislation. Because I can't find it again I asked the question hoping that someone else had info on it. Basically it would grant a non-resident the right to carry in NH without that right in their home state as long as they met NH's "requirements". My understanding is that this was proposed because of the very restrictive nature of places like MA.

Maybe I fell asleep at the keyboard and was dreaming???

I have my renewal application in hand and it does in fact say that you must have a "valid concealed carry permit from the state, county or town in which you reside or a valid concealed permit issued by any other state."

New Hampshire is very nice in that they send out a renewal notice, with the application, several months in advance.

Gary

I met with Sam yesterday.

He told me that four different people in NH gov't are checking into why/how the change occurred (again) wrt requiring an unrestricted permit before NH would issue any NR permit.

Nobody's come up with any administrative or law change to back this up.

Stay tuned, it is being worked on!

NH Non-Res

New Hampshire will issue with any permit. I do not have a home state permit and NHSP took care of me no problem [smile] My only complaint with NH is that I wish they would hurry up and cash my check!

1) You do NOT need a permit in your home state. You can use *any* permit anywhere (or a letter for your CLEO from VT (or anywhere else you can open/carry but don't have permits)).

2) Restricted licenses should be accepted. They changed this around December.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom