NH is a month behind on their CCW apps - grrr

I've been trying to wait patiently for my NH CCW but boy its killing me. I sent my app in at the end of Jan and finally got a hold of the licensing dept today. She said they are a month behind on apps and hopefully I'll have it in the next couple of weeks. I live right on the Salem border and we do most of our shopping there. It will be great when I don't have to disarm and leave my gun at home before crossing the border.

Why not just open carry when you cross the border until then?

EDIT: Yes, I suppose while you were in your vehicle you'd have to unload and separate your ammo from your carry weapon once you crossed the border.

IMHO, I would no sooner open carry in Salem, NH than I would streak through the Rockingham Mall.

I doubt you'd get more than 20 or 30 feet before some MAhole avoiding sales tax panicked and called in a "man with a gun" to the Salem PD...

Weird that they are so far behind when the residents, i think, get a maximum 14 day wait by law. I applied on a Friday and had my permit in hand the following Wednesday, but I live here.

Non-resident applications are processed by their own residence's administration. Non-resident applications are processed by the state. As the state has had a hiring freeze and has implemented cost cutting measures it won't be getting any better anytime soon.

There seems to be a renewed interest in CCW as our class this weekend is full with the largest class we have ever had, 24. I suspect that many see the handwriting on the wall and that our future will be a rough one with so many anti-gun idiots running for the Presidency.

I confirmed that the 30+ day wait is indeed real.... friend of mine jost got his not long ago (last week?) and he had submitted his app around christmas time or so.

-Mike

That's weird. I had my non-res within 10 days of sending the application. Look on the bright side, it's still faster than MA.

Yeah- I had mine pretty quick. Maybe they are getting second thoughts about letting more crazy MA people in their state with arms. [wink] Seriously- I'm sure it won't be much longer.

Man, I've been procrastinating on getting mine in. I finally mailed it on Monday, and then I see this thread. :p

Back
Top Bottom