NH Gun law question

I've read up on it and i think i should be ok just want to make sure.

So i live in NH, have a NH drivers license, MA plates.

I plan on buying a rifle, then switch my drivers license back to MA. (due to work and Boston residency requirements)

This gun will not be leaving NH, just worried getting pulled over with a MA drivers license/ MA plates in NH. Especially with my drivers license being out of Dorchester, MA.

I know i cant bring this gun into MA legally and dont plan on it.

popcorn1.gif

Why are you worried about being pulled over in NH as a Mass resident? NH staties may pull over more mass residents than NH ones on the highways ( I believe I saw that statistic awhile back) but they are not the gestapo and likely won't even ask about firearms unless you advertise you have them with pro-2A bumper stickers. Same goes for the local cops. Until I put the AR15 NES sticker on my car, I've never been asked if I was carrying when pulled over.

I've read up on it and i think i should be ok just want to make sure.

So i live in NH, have a NH drivers license, MA plates.

I plan on buying a rifle, then switch my drivers license back to MA. (due to work and Boston residency requirements)

This gun will not be leaving NH, just worried getting pulled over with a MA drivers license/ MA plates in NH. Especially with my drivers license being out of Dorchester, MA.

I know i cant bring this gun into MA legally and dont plan on it.

Who cares. You don't need a license to have a rifle in your vehicle in NH.

Why are you worried about being pulled over in NH as a Mass resident? NH staties may pull over more mass residents than NH ones on the highways ( I believe I saw that statistic awhile back) but they are not the gestapo and likely won't even ask about firearms unless you advertise you have them with pro-2A bumper stickers. Same goes for the local cops. Until I put the AR15 NES sticker on my car, I've never been asked if I was carrying when pulled over.

Funny thing is when I look at the "ping rate" in NH its much lower than it is in MA, particularly on the highways. In MA in the past year or so the state is saturated with patrols now. In NH I might see one, maybe two cars every trip... usually set up near the border. [laugh]

-Mike

I'm a NH resident right now, but have switch my license back to MA, so i will be a MA resident in the system, but living in NH, where the gun will be kept.

The chances of it happening are slim to none, just want to know if it is legal, which im guessing it is, they dont follow MA law up here.

I'm a NH resident right now, but have switch my license back to MA, so i will be a MA resident in the system, but living in NH, where the gun will be kept.

Why? What "system"?

The chances of it happening are slim to none, just want to know if it is legal, which im guessing it is, they dont follow MA law up here.

Why would any other state "follow MA law"??

I'd be more concerned about your employer finding out that you meet the "residency requirement" just on paper, and not in actuality. Have fun with that if they get a hold of it.

Why? What "system"?

Why would any other state "follow MA law"??

I'm in the laborers union, and Boston jobs need atleast 50% residents, so i get on more jobs using my brothers address in Dorchester, MA. System as in State/governement

And i figure they wouldnt, this is all new to me, grew up in MA just moved to Nashua two years ago. Nearly impossible to get a gun license in boston.

I lived up here for 4.5 years on a Florida License. It had a military "FPO Miami" Address when
I was living in the Bahamas. I had just spent $200 for the renewal in Florida just before I
moved up here, so I was not going to pay again in NH. When I got pulled over, I told the cop
I was on Temporary Duty up here.

Malodave

I'm in the laborers union, and Boston jobs need atleast 50% residents, so i get on more jobs using my brothers address in Dorchester, MA. System as in State/governement

And i figure they wouldnt, this is all new to me, grew up in MA just moved to Nashua two years ago. Nearly impossible to get a gun license in boston.

It's not "nearly impossible to get a gun license in Boston"......

Back
Top Bottom