• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH ACTION ALERT: HB1589 ***DEFEATED***

Reading the Courant makes me sad. There are a number of editorials calling for all those who didn't register to be rounded up, with at least one person stating that it's for the safety of the children.

I always find it fascinating how the people that call for such things are never the ones who would coming knocking on doors to enforce them. It's all fun and games until you're the one who has to back up your bold claims/ideas. Apologies for allowing myself to comment off-topic of the thread, but that whole thing irks me.

Dont be jealous anymore. You can leave too. You just have to want it bad enough.

We are. We are in the midst of preparing to move North as we explore all of our options. We've spent the past two years researching Southern Maine for a location and have pretty much consolidated our locations. Now, since we're both working, we have to decide about what we're going to do on on that end as well as selling our home in CT. FYI, I did NOT register my hardware. Instead it went to NH and is safe keeping until we find a new home North.

Rome

Reading the Courant makes me sad. There are a number of editorials calling for all those who didn't register to be rounded up, with at least one person stating that it's for the safety of the children.

Don't worry.....they will be screaming about THEIR rights being violated any minute now........and anyone want to guess what segment of the population is going to laugh at them?

http://www.newsmax.com/US/FCC-newsroom-police-media/2014/02/12/id/552347

Of course its all "Voluntary" and there are no implied threats of retaliation wrt permits/etc

Don't worry.....they will be screaming about THEIR rights being violated any minute now........and anyone want to guess what segment of the population is going to laugh at them?

http://www.newsmax.com/US/FCC-newsroom-police-media/2014/02/12/id/552347

Of course its all "Voluntary" and there are no implied threats of retaliation wrt permits/etc

Too bad they didn't the voluntary part out. Back the FCC for a while, let the whole 1st Amendment cry get started, counter it by saying how it's best for everyone rather than a few who disagree and that our founding fathers never foresaw media growing the into what it's become... You see where I'm going with this. How's that shoe fitting the other foot?

We are. We are in the midst of preparing to move North as we explore all of our options. We've spent the past two years researching Southern Maine for a location and have pretty much consolidated our locations. Now, since we're both working, we have to decide about what we're going to do on on that end as well as selling our home in CT. FYI, I did NOT register my hardware. Instead it went to NH and is safe keeping until we find a new home North.

Rome

That is good news!! Congrats and good luck!!

Sent Rep. Itse a "thank you" a few days ago.

Here's the reply (check out the signature at the end of the email):

My honor.

Dan

Hon. Daniel C. Itse

New Hampshire State Representative,

Rockingham County, District 10, Fremont

(603) 642-9403

No man, king or common, has a right to, or is entitled to, another man's wealth; one of the first purposes of government is to punish those who steal, not to participate in the theft.

I agree. This won't pass. That doesn't mean we shouldn't support it. The original version of 1589 would have never passed. That doesn't mean it didn't get some support. What sort of argument do we think matters to the committee? Will a democratically dominated committee pay any attention?

I don't intend to imply that I won't ague, I just want to understand my limitations.

Is HB1362 a viable idea?

While not a popular opinion here, I feel that bills like HB1362, "...prohibiting enforcement of any federal law..." are misguided, serve mostly to make gun owners look like dangerous extremist kooks.

There are better uses of political capital than shooting for the moon on a bill which in the end may only serve to give opponents more ammunition against us.

Yes, there are 8 states which have passed substantially similar bills. That's all the more reason to hold off and let a state like Kansas try to defend their bill in Federal court before jumping on a commerce-clause bandwagon which might be going nowhere?

Back
Top Bottom