• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH: 619 DW guns in Merrimack NH visited by police for not enforcing [unlawful] mask edicts

i am not getting something.
These guys are 100% against wearing masks, and say it is their constitutional freedom to not wear a mask.

What about people who DO want to wear a mask, and it is THEIR constitutional freedom to choose to wear a mask? They are forcing them to take off their mask if they want to use the store?

sounds pretty f***ed up logic to me.
The only thing f***ed up here is your hypocrisy.

First you're pissed because of "their store, their rules." Than later, you say "If you came into my store without a mask, I'd kick your ass out," which is the embodiment of "your store, your rules." So, which is it? I guess it's only "your store, your rules" if it's your store, and your rules.

Mask Nazi's (like you, in case I was being too subtle) always show their hypocrisy when push comes to shove.

Security cameras are useless when trying to identify a thief with a mask and i would imagine all gun shops are on high alert right now.

Gartman in Wrentham requires you to show your ltc against the door window before they will unlock it and let you in. Their house , their rules.

How exactly is the dealer supposed to verify the identity of a person with a mask on?

Lot of people in the GOP house caucus are at the end of their patience with sununu's unconstitutional orders

Hannafords seems to have a pretty strict policy of checking ID whenever I buy beer, wine or cider. The older cashiers usually don't card me but the teenagers almost always do. I'm sure they have been trained to do it and are just following the rules. A few time I have even been asked to pull my mask down so they can compare my face to the picture on my ID. I usually laugh at he idea that an underage guy is going to go to a supermarket and try to sneak a six pack of cider by under the cover of a mask, a cart load of groceries and two kids in tow.

These guys are 100% against wearing masks, and say it is their constitutional freedom to not wear a mask.

What about people who DO want to wear a mask, and it is THEIR constitutional freedom to choose to wear a mask? They are forcing them to take off their mask if they want to use the store?

Lol don't like it don't shop there. It's a gun shop it's easily arguable that the mask bullshit is a security hazard. Were it not for this covid faggotry, do you really think places like gun shops, banks, jewelry stores would want people walking around with masks on? [

Maybe we should figure out where this hypocritical ass hat lives and dox the bastard. Effing karens (or whatever the cuck version is called). I hate them all.
I believe they are called Karl. Also with a K. /joke to the Karl I’m going to offend. Get over yourself. OK, Karl?

People are talking about fines, it sounds like it's not first hand info, and there seems to be little verifiable info. I know what the Governor said at his press conference, I was listening real-time, but others are saying it can still happen. I suspect some of the reported fines are nothing more than "I heard" kind of stuff and we will never have verifiable information. And I suspect others are municipalities acting on their own ordinances and by their own health officials. Event the OP refers to town officials, not state officials. And while it says they were sent by the state AG, the state AG can't tell a town official what to do and certainly can't instruct a town official to issue a state fine. This sounds a lot more like the AG got a complaint and said not my problem let the town do something if they want, which they did.

I just believe we need to be sure of where the issue is.

Even nhpr is still referring to it as the statewide unenforced mandate, and being a dem/lib organization (don't give me that "they are neutral" crap). I don't think they would be looking to do Sanunu any favors COVID MAP: Which New Hampshire Towns Require Masks?
If you want first hand info, you can contact the owner of Fat Katz (pizza and bar) in Hudson, NH. He moved Karokah indoors, a customer had COVID and he had to shut down for 2 weeks. He received a fine for moving the entertainment indoors, I think it was a $2500.00 fine. The owner posted about it on FB, he may also have posted the letter/fine, but I'm not certain of that. It';s real,

Is it really legal? I really don't know. Would a court enforce it if someone fought it? I don't know. I do know (pre-CV-19) that MA courts don't like to hear civil fine cases, but no idea about NH.

AmpleDarlingBeardedcollie-size_restricted.gif

The constitution limits the power of the federal government, the bill of rights prevents the government from imposing on your freedoms. I seriously don't know how you cannot comprehend this issue. WHO IS FORCING YOU TO SHOP THERE?

Somewhere in the news and/or on NES their sign is quoted.
But this review on Google Maps must use similar language:

>Strict no mask policy in the middle of a pandemic seems pretty narrow minded.​
>The owner will enforce it and told me to get out stating that masks don't help.​
>Doesn't matter that a statewide mask mandate goes into effect tomorrow.​
>Strongly recommend not supporting their business.​
Response from the owner a week ago​
Our signs are posted on the stores EXTERIOR before entering. We are a gun shop
and do not sell GUNS AND AMMO to people covering their faces. You chose to come in​
and forced us to enforce our policy. It is also an "outbreak" not a pandemic​
according to the CDC and WHO the only pandemic you are in the middle of is in your head.​
99.9% of people who enter are HAPPY not to wear one. Thanks for testing our policy.​

Underscoring mine.

I flagged two other one-star reviews as unwanted sexual innuendo, but I'm sure there are more -
looks like Keene State snowflakes are harassing the store.

If you want first hand info, you can contact the owner of Fat Katz (pizza and bar) in Hudson, NH. He moved Karokah indoors, a customer had COVID and he had to shut down for 2 weeks. He received a fine for moving the entertainment indoors, I think it was a $2500.00 fine. The owner posted about it on FB, he may also have posted the letter/fine, but I'm not certain of that. It';s real,

Is it really legal? I really don't know. Would a court enforce it if someone fought it? I don't know. I do know (pre-CV-19) that MA courts don't like to hear civil fine cases, but no idea about NH.
And a bagel shop in Nashua. They were fined, I believe, $500. They had been warned something like six times that their employees needed to wear masks while serving customers, and after another visit, they got hit with a fine. I believe the owner said he thought of the mask rules "like seatbelts" (i.e., some leniency) or something to that effect, and that if customers were uncomfortable, they'd just go elsewhere.

The Hudson one, if I recall, was one person COVID positive and co-habitator of him/her, they went to the karaoke that had been moved indoors due to weather (without approval, I believe), and resulted in about 19 cases.

Except for the fact that Sununu ENCOURAGED towns to pass mask ordinances.......

To be fair I think Sununu's encouragement there, at the time, was his way of "showing support" for masks while not actually instituting one at the state level.

That philosophy, ie implement laws at the state or town level versus federally or across a state, is often used by politicians who do not wholly support something but want to appear middle of the road (likely knowing many places won't pass such).

Anyone who just googles "NH mask fine" or similar is eventually going to find a half a dozen articles on it happening, including one place thar just closed its doors before they pulled their permit to operate and said they refused to operate that way.

The one detail is I don't know that anywhere actually has been fined for 'customers' being maskless alone. Employees yes, overcrowding yes, operating inside when not allowed yes, but not specifically only for customers violating the order.

All of these rules/regulations are being issued under what the CDC calls the Legal Authorities for Isolation and Quarantine which are primarily derived from the federal Public Health Service act and the corresponding health laws in the individual states. There are health laws on the books that give each state’s department of health considerable authority in dealing with “plague” like outbreaks.

Haven't seen anything of the sort. Not even during the worst of it. Just more bullshit.

Mind you, I'm not claiming that their actual motivations
are reflected in the policy's stated rationale.
I'm just referring to what they're saying.

Oh, and here's a little more insight into the situation.
-----

Ah, I thought I had a better cite.

No photos of the sign in my archives,
so that quote is probably just a paraphrase from memory.

And a bagel shop in Nashua. They were fined, I believe, $500. They had been warned something like six times that their employees needed to wear masks while serving customers, and after another visit, they got hit with a fine. I believe the owner said he thought of the mask rules "like seatbelts" (i.e., some leniency) or something to that effect, and that if customers were uncomfortable, they'd just go elsewhere.

The Hudson one, if I recall, was one person COVID positive and co-habitator of him/her, they went to the karaoke that had been moved indoors due to weather (without approval, I believe), and resulted in about 19 cases.
I've been in both places pre-COVID. They are both very small for the number of patrons they serve. Cramped quarters where people are always in the way of other people. So if one believes that people "polluting the air with COVID" is a thing, they are both good breeding grounds for it.

Anyone who just googles "NH mask fine" or similar is eventually going to find a half a dozen articles on it happening, including one place thar just closed its doors before they pulled their permit to operate and said they refused to operate that way.

The one detail is I don't know that anywhere actually has been fined for 'customers' being maskless alone. Employees yes, overcrowding yes, operating inside when not allowed yes, but not specifically only for customers violating the order.
Fining anyone for customers not wearing a muzzle would be a tough haul. There are exceptions for medical conditions, but merchants can't demand what they are or proof. So one can drive a truck thru the mandate wrt customers.

I've been in both places pre-COVID. They are both very small for the number of patrons they serve. Cramped quarters where people are always in the way of other people. So if one believes that people "polluting the air with COVID" is a thing, they are both good breeding grounds for it.
Coincidentally, I had gotten bagels from the shop in question the same day the fine hit the news, haha.

I'm sure the gun store saying "no masks" is mostly a reaction to the idea that businesses have the "right" to require it.

The mask concept was forced down our throat this spring all over the place by businesses, some who disagree are just pushing back at their own place of business.

If it was simply accepted as a personal choice these controversies likely never would occur.

Anyone that believes masks are working well hasn't been looking around much. It is really humorous, and maddening too of course, that the reaction to the virus spreading always involves "mask harder!".

Too bad Sununu hasn't "showed support" for 1A religious freedom along with 4A/5A

What he did wrt shutting down businesses and destroying peoples livelyhoods in this state is nothing short of a "Taking" by gov
Soooo.....I'm guessing you voted for Feltes and now you're butthurt because he got his liberal ass handed to him? You vote for Biden too?

Hannafords seems to have a pretty strict policy of checking ID whenever I buy beer, wine or cider. The older cashiers usually don't card me but the teenagers almost always do. I'm sure they have been trained to do it and are just following the rules. A few time I have even been asked to pull my mask down so they can compare my face to the picture on my ID. I usually laugh at he idea that an underage guy is going to go to a supermarket and try to sneak a six pack of cider by under the cover of a mask, a cart load of groceries and two kids in tow.

Ok, so I must have passed some invisible line in time - not once have I been carded at Hannafords in Hampstead. Is this a :) or a :-(

lol

Soooo.....I'm guessing you voted for Feltes and now you're butthurt because he got his liberal ass handed to him? You vote for Biden too?
You're way off base here. Objecting to Sununu's over-reach absolutely does not equal support for either Feltes (even in NH, people refer to Feltes as "Who?") or Sleepy Joe.

This......

There's a spectacular cognitive failure that occurred in BT's response......"If you object to a Republican violating 1A, 4A, 5A etc......then you MUST have voted for the dem that campaigned on a platform of exactly that PLUS violating 2A and a bunch or sections of the NH Constitution....."

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

While I agree completely, there is the tendancy of some people here and on various other social media platforms to go balls out f*** sununu and cut their own nose off to spite their face. Staunch defender of the state for the last couple of years, and people are whining about feel good and unenforceable "orders" that are plain as day window dressing for the liberals.

Can something be done to limit a govenor's power-yes and it should. Do we need all the autistic screeching from the side that actually swept the state elections? Probably not.

Have them lift their mask when making the ID.............lol..................
IDK I think right now if I go into a store (which I'm trying not to) I'd be pretty pissed off if some idiot didn't have a mask on and was within 6 feet from me.
Also, I have my serious doubts that masks work well enough to prevent me from getting covid, but if someone can't handle putting a mask on before they leave their house right now, I don't want to be near that person in public.

Back
Top Bottom