Next years' ride

PatMcD

NES Member
I have totally lost my mind. Bought this just yesterday from a local competitor who is thinning out his stable.

Eliseo R5 chassis with a Rem 700 glued in. I forgot to ask him who the barrel is or how many rds through it. Guess I was too excited.
20151109_084306.jpg
20151109_084323.jpg

Currently chambered for 6mmBR.
Here's one next to my .233 long line load.
20151108_142622.jpg

looks just like Rob G's R5

Although I dont believe he'd part with that one

welcome to the fray, MR is a dark dark path, and it seems we're ALL running down it now....although I cant complain given the offhand target I shot yesterday with the T2K (198-7x)

I thought I'd like an R5 but instead picked up a White Oak match rifle upper. I sighted it in and never shot it again. Since no one seems to want me to bring my evil AR platform rifles into thier state I'll probably sell it if I can get close to what I paid for it and buy the R5. May wait for spring when the wait for White Oak is unbearable and someone will jump on it!

Jeff, this is the one i mentioned to you a few weeks ago when we communicated. Price was just to good to pass up.
Has a Warner rear sight/ color filter/iris, 4 mags and sled, a 6" Houle Tube, Jewel trigger. Im not quite sure who made the 30mm front sight (whose logo is two capital "R"'s back to back?)

Im finding out 6br is more expensive all the way around: dies, brass, and bullets are all pricier. The only good thing is that it uses the same powder I have a lot of.

Edit. Never mind, found it. Front is a Riles tallboy.

Last edited:
Nice looking rifle.....I was tempted to buy one and toss it on the table to bribe my wife into shooting more......I would tell her how much more it would cost to shoot vs the AR !

Pat
You cheeky bahstahd!
Snuck that right by us you did.
Going from an automatic to a standard transmission.
Guess we're going to NRA week next year after all.
I will be very interested to see how it shoots and how you like it.
Dave

that front sight is a Riles (same one charlie runs)

sure, 6mm bullets are pricier, but hot damn do they shoot.

6br brass is easy, because unless you lose it, it'll last you a LONG time (the initial layout hurts though) -- get lapua. nothing else. dont believe me, ask charlie or rob (they'll agree)

welcome to the dark side my friend :)

Pretty sweet rifle. There's going to be some good competition in the match rifle categories next year!

EDIT: But you have to swap that pistol grip out with something that looks like a tree trunk that got stuck in a wood chipper.

Last edited:
Welcome to the dark side Pat, throw a lens in the front and you'll be like "Why haven't I done this sooner!" lol
You'll probably wind up with 3 different butt plates as well, makes changing over positions on the line much faster... (At least for me it does, I have enough issues to worry about. haha)

Coming from semi-auto, I'm going to have need of some practice to get a cadence down. Every MR shooter in the past did it, so I'm not to worried.

Found out the barrel is a Broughton 5C 7.3.

Back
Top Bottom