Anyone headed to Reading next Saturday 5/17?

I shot the high-power clinic at Nashua a few weeks ago, and have been back for 3 matches since then having a great time. Planning to head to Reading for the first time next Saturday for the XTC match, hoping to connect up with a few NES folks to help show me around if possible.

Come on down it's a great place to shoot. I'm a relative noob but most of the posters here who would encourage you to come are probably on the road back from a match in N Carolina so you may not hear from them for a while. As a rule everyone there is very helpful. If you've been through a clinic and league match at Nashua you'll be fine. Just know your zeroes and they'll get you on paper even if you don't.

I am heading down for my first Reading match as well, I am looking forward to meeting some of the folks here as well. I have been shooting in Maine for a few years but this is my first in the region and hopefully not my last. Look forward to meeting everyone

DaveS

From the NFGA Clinic and the matches shot since the clinic Wolo is good to go to be a safe competitor with zero's and range procedures.

I would be at Reading this coming Saturday as well if we didn't have the weekend planned out for a group of over 30 sea cadets to use the NFGA Range. A few of us NFGA guys need to be on hand for the weekend to make sure none of these cadets launch a round out of the range and get a decent club shut down.

If I don't go to Bolton Vt for the Memorial Day weekend matches I will be at Reading on 5/24 for the Mass Memorial Match

George

Last edited:
I will be going as well. At least every intention of going. Baby sitter for a good part of the day.
DAVES.... I will bring that jacket. If you don't need it I'm sure it will find a home with someone. Size 52 RH

Can't make it this weekend, as I'm away, but I'll be shooting the subsequent league matches. Reading runs some great matches, with a lot of very helpful people!

Well this will be my first to Reading but have been shooting for a few years now, Just looking forward to meeting everyone at a new range for me. See you all there

Mac1911, yep still want the jacket, will send a text later in week

Dave S

Sorry guys. But a 3 hour drive with strong rain and I just can't justify it. I know I am a fair weather shooter but rain and wind takes the fun out of it. I will make it down this year to meet everyone one day.

Sorry guys. But a 3 hour drive with strong rain and I just can't justify it. I know I am a fair weather shooter but rain and wind takes the fun out of it. I will make it down this year to meet everyone one day.

You missed out, we delayed for an hour and it turned into a beautiful day for shooting.

You missed out, we delayed for an hour and it turned into a beautiful day for shooting.

I second that. Sorry I didn't get to meet up with as many folks from NES as I thought I would. I think I saw mac1911 on point 7 briefly but mostly one of us was always shooting or in the pits. Did meet a bunch of folks in the clubhouse after though, and now that I know my way around a little better it should be easier next time.

Thanks everyone who helped put that together this morning!
Greg

I was very tired today. Oldest daughter (6) was sick. Kept me up most of the night.
I was not to social...
I'm glad I went though. I accomplished 1 of 2 goals.
1. Beat my last reading score of 720. I did 734.
2. Keep all my shots in the black.....missed that by 6 shots.
I had some of my best groups to date. Along with my best rapid scores.
Good day for me.....my calls where above average.
3. I hope next time up I have my corrective lenses squared away. I was struggling on the secound 1/2 of the 600. Eyes got tired quickly.
Thank you all.......normally I would stick around for a bit but my baby sitter was on over time!

Last edited:

Yeah that figures, we woke up to no rain and looking at the radar you had rain, Within an hour I had rain so hard I could hardly see, so I just could not bring myself do do the 3 hour drive. I do want to make it down and shoot with you guys this year and somehow I will make it.

One question, what time do I need to be there for squading, and what time do you start shooting, Here in ME most starts are 9am squading at 8-9.

Again sorry I missed out, cause it rained here most of the day

- - - Updated - - -

1. Beat my last reading score of 720. I did 734.
2. Keep all my shots in the black.....missed that by 6 shots.
I had some of my best groups to date. Along with my best rapid scores.
Good day for me.....my calls where above average.

Congrats on your shooting, Looks like you had a good day[grin]

We usually* start at 8 on Saturdays and 9 on Sundays. Be there ~at least~ 30 min early for squadding, preferably a bit earlier.

*Usually doesn't mean always, so be sure to check the match bulletin before you drive down. http://readinghighpower.com/Match_Calendar_2013.htm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom