• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2018 OCSA Pembroke ma M1 garand and cmp games schedule NEXT 11/04/18

So how do you go about borrowing a rifle? I would live to shoot these matches but dont have any of the equipment.

So how do you go about borrowing a rifle? I would live to shoot these matches but dont have any of the equipment.
Cmp garand matches often have club guns and ammo available for use. See your club of choice for details
As far as pembroke old colony goes they have
Exceptional rifles, ammo , jackets if they fit , gloves and mats. There’s almost alway helpful people to help you along at the matches also. Where are you located I can point you in the direction of local clubs near you

Just come to Pembroke this Sunday...they're a merry bunch of bastards and will love to help you out getting started. I'm bringing another first timer as well, so you won't be the only one figuring out the course of fire for the first time either.

Southern nh
OK so there are not many sanctioned CMP clinics going on so far in 2018
Aurora Sportsmen's Club 2018 GSM Clinic
Aurora Sportsmen's Club Apr 22 2018 Waterman IL CMP Clinic with Master Instructor Inquire by email
Aurora Sportsmen's Club Jun 24 2018 Waterman IL CMP Clinic with Master Instructor Inquire by email
Aurora Sportsmen's Club Sep 23 2018 Waterman IL CMP Clinic with Master Instructor Inquire by email
Aurora Sportsmen's Club Oct 28 2018 Waterman IL CMP Clinic with Master Instructor Inquire by email
Cape Ann Sportsman Club 2018 Clinic
Cape Ann Sportsman Club May 06 2018 Gloucester MA CMP Clinic Inquire by email
Cape Ann Sportsman Club Jul 08 2018 Gloucester MA CMP Clinic Inquire by email
Cape Ann Sportsman Club Sep 09 2018 Gloucester MA CMP Clinic Inquire by email
Cape Ann Sportsman Club Nov 04 2018 Gloucester MA CMP Clinic Inquire by email
Central Jersey R&P Club 2018 GSM Clinic
Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol Club May 20 2018 Jackson NJ CMP Clinic Inquire by email
Massena Rifle & Pistol Club 2018 GSM Clinic
Massena Rifle & Pistol Club May 12 2018 Massena NY CMP Clinic with Master Instructor Inquire by email
Putnam Fish & Game Club 2018 Clinic
Putnam Fish & Game Club Sep 22 2018 Woodstock CT CMP Clinic Inquire by email
Putnam Fish & Game Club 2018 Clinic
Putnam Fish & Game Club May 19 2018 Woodstock CT CMP Clinic Inquire by email

Massachusetts CMP
Cape Ann Sportsman Club May 06 2018 Gloucester MA CMP Clinic Inquire by email
Cape Ann Sportsman Club Jul 08 2018 Gloucester MA CMP Clinic Inquire by email
Cape Ann Sportsman Club Sep 09 2018 Gloucester MA CMP Clinic Inquire by email
Cape Ann Sportsman Club Nov 04 2018 Gloucester MA CMP Clinic Inquire by email
Old Colony Sportsmen's Association 2018 As-Issued Military Match
Old Colony Sportsmen's Assoc Apr 22 2018 Pembroke MA Garand, Springfield, or Vintage Military Inquire by email
Old Colony Sportsmen's Assoc May 20 2018 Pembroke MA Garand, Springfield, or Vintage Military Inquire by email
Old Colony Sportsmen's Assoc Jun 10 2018 Pembroke MA Garand, Springfield, or Vintage Military Inquire by email
Old Colony Sportsmen's Assoc Jul 08 2018 Pembroke MA Garand, Springfield, or Vintage Military Inquire by email
Old Colony Sportsmen's Assoc Aug 12 2018 Pembroke MA Garand, Springfield, or Vintage Military Inquire by email
Old Colony Sportsmen's Assoc Sep 09 2018 Pembroke MA Garand, Springfield, or Vintage Military Inquire by email
Old Colony Sportsmen's Assoc Oct 14 2018 Pembroke MA Garand, Springfield, or Vintage Military Inquire by email
Old Colony Sportsmen's Assoc Nov 04 2018 Pembroke MA Garand, Springfield, or Vintage Military Inquire by email

Southern nh

NH CMP EVENTS- sorry not many
Cheshire County Fish & Game EIC Service Rifle Match
CCSSEF, Inc doing business as Cheshire County Fish and Game Sep 02 2018 Keene NH EIC Competition Inquire by email
Major Waldron Sptsm Assoc. 2018 GSM Clinic with As-Issued Milit
Major Waldron Sportsman's Association Apr 21 2018 Barrington NH Garand, Springfield, or Vintage Military Inquire by email
New Hampshire State HP Rifle Championship & EIC Service Rifle Ma
Pelham Fish & Game Club Jun 23 2018 -
Jun 24 2018 Pelham NH EIC Competition Inquire by email
Pelham Fish & Game HP Rifle Match
Pelham Fish & Game Club Sep 16 2018 Pelham NH EIC Competition Inquire by email
Pelham Fish & Game HP Rifle Match
Pelham Fish & Game Club Oct 13 2018 Pelham NH EIC Competition Inquire by email
Pemi Valley Fish/Game 2018 GSM Clinic with As-Issued Military Ma
Pemigewasset Valley F&G Assoc. May 12 2018 Holderness NH Garand, Springfield, or Vintage Military Inquire by email

every year there are less CMP events

Also check local clubs for non sanctioned cmp events. For example Hanson rod and gun runs a CMP introductory shoot.
it's runs 2 times a month all year. It's a casual CMP shoot running the 60 round course of fire as it where a match but it is not scored or sent in.
So poke around locally

Last edited:
Oh I didnt know you were shooting there, very cool. I think my score was in the mid 250's, it was the last round that destroyed me. Im going to try and make it to the next one, it was a blast.

yup...first match and already beating my scores by more than 10 points...lol. good on you, brother. i'll catch up to you at some point!

Oh I didnt know you were shooting there, very cool. I think my score was in the mid 250's, it was the last round that destroyed me. Im going to try and make it to the next one, it was a blast.
My home club, I had to run out to go to a kids softball game.
As for your score....not bad at all.
You shot a 98 in prone slow fire correct? You now know why off hand is referred to as awfulhand.
Nothing like 10 shots off off hand to drop your score.
So head the warnings practice off hand often.

I believe my score was 98 slow prone, 94 rapid prone, and 60 or so offhand. Missed the target outright on several shots standing, something helpful someone said was "if you cant get your shout out in 5 or so seconds, bring the rifle down and rest".

I believe my score was 98 slow prone, 94 rapid prone, and 60 or so offhand. Missed the target outright on several shots standing, something helpful someone said was "if you cant get your shout out in 5 or so seconds, bring the rifle down and rest".
yes the longer you hold the more you start to sway...

Back
Top Bottom