• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Newtown Families File Lawsuit Against Bushmaster

The complaint was filed by the following plaintiffs:

• Donna L. Soto, administratrix of the estate Of Victoria L. Soto
  • Ian And Nicole Hockley, co-administrators of the estate of Dylan C. Hockley
  • William D. Sherlach, executor at bridgeport of the estate of Mary Joy Sherlach. He also was part of the complaint individually
  • Leonard Pozner, administrator of the estate of Noah S. Pozner
  • Gilles J. Rousseau, administrator of the estate of Lauren G. Rousseau
  • David C. Wheeler, administrator of the estate of Benjamin A. Wheeler
  • Neil Heslin And Scarlett Lewis, co-administrators of the estate of Jesse Mccord Lewis
  • Mark And Jacqueline Barden, co-administrators of the estate of Daniel G. Barden
  • Mary D'avino, administratrix of the estate of Rachel M. D'avino
  • Natalie Hammond

Read more: http://www.wfsb.com/story/27629236/...inst-gunmaker-distributor-store#ixzz3LzN1JApg

The soto's are very involved with Bloomberg, brady group, etc. and went to DC to lobby for gun control, background checks, went to NH, CT, NY, NJ, etc.

And Hockley is very big with all the anti's, Pozner's are, Neil Heslin is the coke head with numerous convictions for various things (he's a prohibited person) who asked that question at the CT gun control farce hearing and was all over CNN, MSNBC, etc.

Mark Barden is the full time head of sandy hook promise. So he literally makes his living off his dead kid now. His paying job is sandy hook promise president.

These are pretty much the group that met with Obama and who flew on Air Force One down to DC with him to lobby Ayotte, et al to pass background checks, mag limits, AWB, etc.

Here's another I support the 2nd Amendment but argument. [rolleyes]

Bill Sherlach, whose wife was a school psychologist killed in the shooting said in a statement that gun industry should be held accountable.
“In business, measuring risk prior to producing, marketing and selling a product or service is standard procedure. For far too long the gun industry has been given legislative safe harbor from this standard business practice," Sherlach said. "These companies assume no responsibility for marketing and selling a product to the general population who are not trained to use it nor even understand the power of it. I believe in the Second Amendment, but I also believe that the gun industry should be brought to bear the same business risk that every other business assumes when it comes to producing, marketing and selling a product.”

I guess he believes if his wifes student, 15 years later, went nuts and killed their wife, the school psychologist should be sued.

Last edited:
Wouldn't the dead Perp and the Mother who owned the weapon that wasn't secured be the only responsible parties here

Wouldn't the dead Perp and the Mother who owned the weapon that wasn't secured be the only responsible parties here

He has zero money and her estate is $64,000. They are looking for $$ and to further their political agenda, i.e. bankrupting the gun companies, ammo co's, etc.

My wife told me at lunch how stupid this was. Suing over somthing manufacturered and sold legally. She not a person to say much about 2a stuff. Kind of surprised me.

I think the MFG could get the case against them dismissed because there is a law that protects them from such lawsuits, but I don't think that law protects distributors and dealers.

I believe they mentioned the now out of business dealer as part of the suit as well. They will go after anyone who had anything to do with Lanza. Next they will be suing Honda for supplying the vehicle that drove him to the school...

The LONE killer and responsible party is dead. The only other person slightly responsible is his dead mother who should have known her son was a nut job.
This is about $$$ and publicity to jump start some agenda campaign.

I stopped reading when I saw mention that the RIFLE was designed to pierce a steel helmet and not the ammo. Apparently the military was intended to bash their enemies in the head. And anyone who has gone coyote hunting with AR knows full well the usefulness of such a platform when you get a double or triple opportunity.

Last edited:
I believe they mentioned the now out of business dealer as part of the suit as well. They will go after anyone who had anything to do with Lanza. Next they will be suing Honda for supplying the vehicle that drove him to the school...

The LONE killer and responsible party is dead. The only other person slightly responsible is his dead mother who should have known her son was a nut job.

The dealer is still in business from what I saw in the comments below an article on this. It doesn't sell firearms anymore though, they lost their FFL according to others for another issue.

If the parents were looking for justice, then yes that would be the case. Instead, they're just looking to dance on their children's graves and seek a quick payday. You can call me callous if you want to, but with what they're doing here, maliciously going after innocent people, I don't see their motives being any better than what Lanza's were on that Friday morning two years ago. Their actions certainly aren't as extreme, but their motivation is exactly what his was...to harm innocent people to make up for their own issues. No parent should have to bury their child, but projecting that grief as malice toward innocent people is absurd.

Notice that the parents of 11 of the children, and the families of the six faculty killed in the attack aren't named on the lawsuit. I'm just guessing, but I'd bet that the reason they aren't involved in the lawsuit isn't because no one told them about it. I'd be willing to bet that they were pressured to join it as well, but didn't want to cheapen the memory of their loved one by attacking another innocent person.

To be fair, from everything I've read, even the psychologists who had evaluated Lanza prior to the attack stated that he had no inclination to violence and no signs of psychosis or sociopathic behavior that would have led him to commit such an atrocity. Either the professionals that evaluated him really dropped the ball, or there was something that caused him to change after the evaluations.

I can't wait to read the response, particularly when the defendant(s) correct lines 1-13.

Which I wonder, since the official report hasn't been released yet, will this compel it since the suit claim of firearm used in the attack?

From the complaint, it looks like they used Wikipedia as a source.

Wow, paragraphs 1-49 contain so many falsehoods and complete fairy tales that I do not really know how I would respond. 49 is just a contrivance of thin air and a liberal wet dream. I would love to see citations for these assertions.

Last edited:
I have not read many filings but that thing is absurd. It reads more as a political piece from the brady group, mom nags, etc. than work from a lawyer. I'll finish reading it later wow what incorrect trash.

If the parents were looking for justice, then yes that would be the case. Instead, they're just looking to dance on their children's graves and seek a quick payday. You can call me callous if you want to, but with what they're doing here, maliciously going after innocent people, I don't see their motives being any better than what Lanza's were on that Friday morning two years ago. Their actions certainly aren't as extreme, but their motivation is exactly what his was...to harm innocent people to make up for their own issues. No parent should have to bury their child, but projecting that grief as malice toward innocent people is absurd.

Notice that the parents of 11 of the children, and the families of the six faculty killed in the attack aren't named on the lawsuit. I'm just guessing, but I'd bet that the reason they aren't involved in the lawsuit isn't because no one told them about it. I'd be willing to bet that they were pressured to join it as well, but didn't want to cheapen the memory of their loved one by attacking another innocent person.

Agreed completely driven by greed most likely perpetrated by a lawyer...

To be fair, from everything I've read, even the psychologists who had evaluated Lanza prior to the attack stated that he had no inclination to violence and no signs of psychosis or sociopathic behavior that would have led him to commit such an atrocity. Either the professionals that evaluated him really dropped the ball, or there was something that caused him to change after the evaluations.

Their diagnosis doesn't phase me one bit. Remove the fact that he was under his mother's care, even a complete stranger living with him should be able to pick out that something just wasn't right with him.
Who forced him to be evaluated by a psychologist in the first place? Somebody obviously picked up on his behavior.

Wow, paragraphs 1-49 contain so many falsehoods and complete fairy tales that I do not really know how I would respond. 49 is just a contrivance of thin air and a liberal wet dream. I would love to see citations for these assertions.

This has to be satire. I wouldn't be surprised if we were being trolled.

The end game here is a de facto AWB.

Any monetary judgement in their favor would ensure that manufacturers would have no
choice but to discontinue semi-auto rifle sales, and dealers would have to remove them from their racks.

The end game here is a de facto AWB.

Any monetary judgement in their favor would ensure that manufacturers would have no
choice but to discontinue semi-auto rifle sales, and dealers would have to remove them from their racks.

After reading it I think you are correct. I also thought I was at the VPC website for a second.

Are all "court filings" written like that?

Last edited:
That complaint is laughably childish - it's a tantrum written through uninformed emotion.

Here's the obligatory MA Police Training Council Patrol Rifle Student manual with my favorite quote:
http://www.mlefiaa.org/files/MPTC_NEWS/Patrol_Rifle_Student_Manual_2010.pdf
the most popular patrol rifle round, the 5.56mm NATO (.223 Remington) will penetrate fewer
walls than service pistol rounds or 12 gauge slugs.

The rifle is a superior tool. It allows the officer to either stand off from the threat
or, if the situation requires, advance to the threat with the confidence that the tool in their
hands can deal with almost any perceived threat.

Sounds like the ideal personal defense firearm to me...

I really hope this gets smacked down hard.

After reading it I think you are correct. I also thought I was at the VPC website for a second.

If that did come to pass, it would unquestioningly be challenged all the way to the SCOTUS.

That may or may not be part of their scheme (a revisit to Heller/McDonald), intentionally or otherwise.

Either way, their attitude will be "we'll have plenty of time to worry about that later"

Bushmaster/Remington I can see having the cash to fight.
And they would be foolish not to.
The dealer or distributor would be the ones to get hurt in the long run.
No matter what I can't ever see it being won because he wasn't the legal purchaser/ possessor to begin with .
Just harassment and publicity stunt IMHO.

Or he knew how to work the evaluators and/or the evaluations?

Or he knew how to work the evaluators and/or the evaluations?

That's possible as well. My point was everyone is so quick to blame the mother, like she should have seen this coming. She may have been in denial, but when even the professionals tell her that her son is fine, she can't bear the brunt of the blame. I don't by any means absolve her completely.

Line 59 says the AR-15 muzzle velocity is 4000 feet per second. If I remember right the m-16a2 with a 20" Barrel and green tips is only around 2800, So a 16" barrel should be less. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Line 59 says the AR-15 muzzle velocity is 4000 feet per second. If I remember right the m-16a2 with a 20" Barrel and green tips is only around 2800, So a 16" barrel should be less. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I wish I could get my loads to 4000 fps, that would be a flat trajectory out to about 300 yards.

Back
Top Bottom