Newest addition to the family

XD9201Large.jpg

I won this at our last IDPA match of the season today. 9mm

I'm hoping this works out as a comfortable pistol for Tina. She took a look at it when I got home; she likes it and she can rack the slide on it. (still a little work, but a lot easier than my Walther & 1911.) Now I just hope the grip angle & design allow her to manage the recoil OK. Anyone have suggestions for commercial 9mm that may have slightly lower recoil.(I generally shoot M882 Ball for the matches)

CD

Edit for Clarification: I won the raffle, not the match. :D

cdkayak said:
Anyone have suggestions for commercial 9mm that may have slightly lower recoil.(I generally shoot M882 Ball for the matches)

My CZ-75 has pretty mild recoil, and I keep reading that the grip is very comfortable for a wide range of hand sizes.

BTW... where did you live in NJ? I grew up in Fair Lawn.

Ross

dwarven1 said:
BTW... where did you live in NJ? I grew up in Fair Lawn.

Ross

I grew up a few miles away in Clifton. I got out of there 11 years ago. How long have you been free? :)

We've taken a look at the CZ but the slide was still a bit difficult for her. I'm just hoping to find a lighter load in 9mm that will go little easier on her in the XD.

CD

CD, congratulations on the win and gun!

My Wife (and many women) have problems with the slides on semi-autos.

Interestingly, my Wife had NO problem whatsoever with the Glock 17. She repeatedly was able to work the slide every time. So, we've now become Glock-aholics! Something that I never expected to happen. Worth your consideration if the XD doesn't impress her.

cdkayak said:
I grew up a few miles away in Clifton. I got out of there 11 years ago. How long have you been free?

Well... I moved to MA 18 years ago, but I'm still not exactly what I'd call "free"... even though I do have something you'll never see in NJ: a carry permit.

I guess "free" was a bad choice of words on my part. True on the carry permit, it's going to take a hell of a lot to change that in NJ.

CD

cdkayak said:
it's going to take a hell of a lot to change that in NJ.

Yeah, like divine intervention.

Seriously, I don't ever see it happening. The gun-banning crowd has too much of a hold on the state. Hell, once the first "smart" gun comes on the market, the countdown starts in the PRNJ! Three years after that, the ONLY guns that can be sold in NJ are "smart" guns... except for LEOs, of course. They're exempted from this nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom