• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Wilson Combat 9mm 1911

Doublestack 1911 (2011) are not new to the market.
STI, SVI, Caspian and Para have been making them for years.
This one has a typical Wilson price tag, because of that I don't see it being a very popular carry gun

15 round mags = useless for MA anyways. Might as well buy a decent single stack for that sweet, sweet 10 round limit. Or get glock pre-bans...

Yeah I don't think I could drop that much on another gun for a while. Guns we can get here are just so blah, sometimes I wonder why I bother reading about all the sweet guns available to everyone but us.

If you ever have to use it, the cops are going to take it and there's at least a fair chance that you'll never see it again. And if you do, who knows what condition it will be in. Is it really that much more competent at saving your life to be worth the money? I suspect that my SR9c will do just as good a job for me, and it only costs $500.

If you ever have to use it, the cops are going to take it and there's at least a fair chance that you'll never see it again. And if you do, who knows what condition it will be in. Is it really that much more competent at saving your life to be worth the money? I suspect that my SR9c will do just as good a job for me, and it only costs $500.

You make a good point but personally I also would never carry anything that expensive. On the same note if someone wanted to I say go for it. It's kind of like wearing an expensive watch, there's always a chance for it to get damaged or stolen. I'm more accurate with a 1911 so the added cost vs being killed because I missed a critical shot could justify the added expense, but I couldn't stomach the wear and tear on the firearm from carrying.

This makes me wonder if there is a insurance policy that would cover an expensive carry piece in a situation where it was taken for evidence and ruined? Not that I would but I'm just curious.

Get a Browning Hi Power plenty of them around and lots of pre-ban magazines. Send the gun to Carl Sokol, Wayne Novak or Cylinder and Slide for any and all custom work you want. I love 1911's but the single action hi cap 9mm issue was solved in 1935. A good trigger on the Hi Power possible even out of the box. YMMV but the 1911 9mm is a solution to a non-existent problem IMO. The Hi Power is the most battle tested and issued .mil handgun outside of the former Warsaw Pact and still sees Service in many parts of the world today.

if I'm buying a 1911 I want an actual real 1911. No grip safety? Nice gun no doubt but hard pass for me especially at that price point.

The grip safety is superfluous but I agree with you. Want a Browning designed hi cap 9mm go with the Hi Power (actually Saive, Browning's protege at FN completed the design, I know, but it's still basic Browning)

it looks sick. i dig the frontstrap checkering. if $ were of no consequence i would buy one in a heartbeat. however I can find far better places to put $3k than into a 1911, at least for me.

Back
Top Bottom