New to Glocks....what mods are worth it?

Picking up a two tone Glock 27 tomorrow, it will be my new primary CCW. This is my first owned Glock, so just looking for some suggestions from people who are more familiar with these guns than I am. I'm wondering if the extended slide release & takedown pins could be changed by myself. Also, are there any particular FCG's u guys are using??

I found some websites like glockmeister and glocktriggers but they have so many different parts and options, it's kind of overwhelming. I'm gonna give the factory trigger a go and see how I like it. I don't want the pull to be to light, but I like to shoot my carry guns alot so I try to make them enjoyable to shoot. So a nice crisp trigger may be worth it to me. I noticed glocktriggers has a carry trigger setup that sounds pretty good too. Are the FCG's easy to remove/install??

This particular G27 has a silver slide, jeweled barrel & fresh night sights already. I don't want a crimson trace laser. So what other mods are noteworthy?? May already have some preban high-cap mags available to me through a law enforcement friend of mine also.

Change the sights, maybe throw in a 3.5 connector. The rest is mostly horseshit, eg metal guide rods, lasermax, etc are all gay. Maybe a grip stipple if you need it.

-Mike

I was thinking the extended slide lock seems practical, and since this G27 already has night sights, they should be sufficient. Although I really like the Big Dot sights personally. I'll have to look into the disconnector upgrade.

I know glocks are super easy to field strip and disassemble, but is it easy to swap out the disconnector ?

Grip Stippling - Cheap if you do it yourself. I did, came out great (Youtube + practice). If you find your Glock slippery, this will fix that. I found it great especially for my thumb rest and I was worried about lots of sweat/blood making it slippery possibly.

3.5lb connector - Makes the trigger lighter but it also makes the trigger pull less crisp. It feels mushy, almost like it'l break once or twice before it actually does. I highly recommend this + the .25 cent trigger job aka polishing the trigger (Makes it crisp and easy)

New sights - Traditional 3 dot sights are easy to use by everyone. Metrepolitan/Trijicon three dot sights are great and glow in the dark. Fiber optic are awesome during the day and night but are fragile by nature and are prone to failure. I've seen a lot of reflex electronic sights on Glocks and they're awesome but suck for carrying.

None.

I tried a bunch of the "upgrades" - they're all sitting in a box somewhere now. If you didn't already have upgraded sights I'd say the Ameriglo Defoors are real nice.

Awesome info, I didn't want to deal with all the BS if it were unnecessary.

It has TruGlo 3 dot night sights on it, so that's covered. Considering the 3.5lb disconnect with some polishing, depending how the factory trigger feels. So maybe instead I can put that money to a quality carry belt, need one.

Change the sights, maybe throw in a 3.5 connector. The rest is mostly horseshit, eg metal guide rods, lasermax, etc are all gay. Maybe a grip stipple if you need it.

-Mike

Yep. I ordered my 3.5 Ghost connector and I can't wait to throw it in my Gen4 19. I will add night sights soon as well, so I would recommend both of these. You didn't mention what gen you bought, so grip tape if it's a gen 2, but if it's a gen 3 or 4, your grip should be good to go. Good luck and welcome to the Glock obsession.

I know glocks are super easy to field strip and disassemble, but is it easy to swap out the disconnector ?

Detail strips can be done with a ball-point pen. Maybe a couple parts that won't come out from that, but maybe not. I would guess that swapping the disconnector will take you all of 8 minutes, and that includes three or four minutes to Google a guide. I imagine it would take about 45 seconds once you've got some experience doing it.

i wouldnt make any changes.

a-side.jpg

Ghost Tactical connector with over travel stop , extra power trigger return spring , under power striker block safety spring, sights..

or........................

This [rockon]
224787_438981619479477_1776091913_n.jpg

3.5 Connector, extended mag release, and grip plug are the only "must haves" in my opinion.

However, if you get bored, you can do this:
Ghost 3.5 Ultimate (the one with the holes)
Ameriglo red front sight
Extended slide release
Grip plug
Pachmayr Grip
Glock Threaded barrel
+2 Extended mag
Streamlight TLR-3

glock19.jpg

I got it!!! Almost had to go home empty handed cuz my address was changed and I didn't have any I.D with the new address. But because my address was updated with the FB, I had to get a copies of bills/documents showing my name and my new address. Good ol' northeast trading post!!! But in the end, after obtaining the proper documents off the internet, we were good to go. Going to shoot it tomorrow afternoon so I'll make a decision on what mods, if any, I will infact pursue. Here's a few pics for your viewing pleasure:

92EF2AA0-F8E5-4DC6-A9E8-6865BC7EBCBA-223-00000019478DF7E1.jpg

B029A943-833D-45B9-8C83-E003A97C53FF-223-000000195AABA5AC.jpg

A7222628-4A44-4B08-A6E4-1984CE74FBCD-223-0000001966FBF35E.jpg

TruDot night sights, jeweled barrel, & ceracoated slide in tactical grey

Last edited:
i wouldnt make any changes.

This. Take it out and shoot it before doing anything.

I have some mags with the pinky grip extender--not quite a mod, but an option you might consider. Only other thing would be if it's used, then consider giving it a detail strip/clean and changing the springs if they feel weak. That's about it.

Picking up a two tone Glock 27 tomorrow, it will be my new primary CCW.

No mods will fix it. It was gay from birth and you can't change that. Just accept it and love it for what it is.

I've been a Glock fan for close to 20 years and currently own 5 of them, So I have a lot of experience with all things Glock. Here's the items you should consider.

First is the .25 trigger job, works wonders, cost is nill. do this first before you go for the (-) connector

second is one of these. http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=...roduct/TITANIUM-SAFETY-PLUNGER-for-GLOCK-reg- It's not so much the lighter weight and corresponding lower power spring that makes this work so much better. The real secret is the contour of the head.

Those two items alone will work wonders, and will give you the most impressive results. You may also wish to switch out you G27 trigger bar for a G-22. no difference in performance, I just like the G-22 style better. Brooks tactical A-grips are a nice addition, and of course you can never go wrong with a sight upgrade.

Forget about the extended slide lock, because it is just that, a slide lock, not a slide release. Never found much use for an extended mag release on a carry pistol but I do have one on my GSSF gun.

Back
Top Bottom