New Sigs will be shipping with only one mag.

Metalhead

NES Member
I was at First Defense in Uxbridge today picking up a LPK. They were saying that effective yesterday any new inventory that Sig sends out will only come with one mag. It sounded like the have inventory they can't ship if they wait for 2 mags for each pistol. They also won't be providing any type of voucher that would entitle you to a free second mag at a later date. This does not affect stock the dealer already has.

This sucks.... some of the factory mags are expensive, like the ones that come for the P239.

-Mike

I bought my second magazine from someone down in Texas. I have a P239. I picked up the extra mag for $25+ Shipping. It was in a factory bag. I bought my P239 used so I'm assuming the person only bought it with one magazine also, or sold it somewhere else (which I doubt).

As someone who's had to chase down Sig mags in 220 226, and 229 in pre and post ban configurations and three different cal...I can say the following.

1. Pre-bans for any of those listed are going to cost you within a dollar or five of $38.
2. Post ban mags (you naughty kids..I wouldn't risk it!) will cost only a few dollars less.
3. Brand new mags, compared to your old "prebans," will make you cry at their beauty.
4. ALL BRAND NAME SIG MAGS ARE OVERPRICED
5. ALL OFF-BRAND SIG MAGS SUCK (performance-wise)
6. The "quick" among you already known your f'ed in this state if you want Sig mags.
7. The less "quick" among you won't realize this until point #10
8. Even older "brand name" mags are well built, which lessens the sting of a $40 mag.
9. Yes, we've all found rare "$20 buys" but we're discussing day-to-day availability here.
10. Love your Sig, cause If you need Sig Brand Mags in MA you are gonna pay.

Glocks all come with two mags. And they are pretty! Come over to the Dark Side...

Switching from Sig to Glock over an expensive mag is like going from straight to gay because women can be "difficult."

Holy shit. I think I may have created my own sig line.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom