• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New shop opening in western mass

Odd place to open a shop, Greenfield would bring in more customers. There is a gun shop in Ashfield and when I called they had 2 guns in stock, when I asked if he ever had AR's he reacted like I was from Mars! I hope they try to get a variety but the hippies around here will not like handguns and modern sporting rifles in their towns, they prefer smoking pot and aborting their children.

Still hopeful, here.

Without having any clue myself, maybe it's a built-on-to-the-house kind of shop...

I'm guessing this is Charlie Ricko. Had heard he was looking at opening up a place. He's a cop in town.

Also looks like some of the local fly fishing guides are involved. They run along the Deerfield out of Charlemont.

Last edited:
We are hoping to open in January. Working with reps from Orvis and Thomas & Thomas Fly Rods, as well as several local fly fishing guides. We plan to have a large selection of firearms, hunting gear, reloading equipment and an awesome fly shop! You won't be disappointed. [smile]

We are hoping to open in January. Working with reps from Orvis and Thomas & Thomas Fly Rods, as well as several local fly fishing guides. We plan to have a large selection of firearms, hunting gear, reloading equipment and an awesome fly shop! You won't be disappointed. [smile]

You've gotten my attention. I'm in need of a Helios 2, but not sure I can wait until then. [wink]

... the hippies around here will not like handguns and modern sporting rifles in their towns, they prefer smoking pot and aborting their children.

I used to live in the next town over - "hippies" isn't a word I'd use for the majority of folks around about there.

I'll be sure to stop in next time I'm down visiting family [smile]

Don;t forget, Greenfield HAD a shop. It just seems like this area can't keep a shop in business. You would think being rural would be where the firearm owners are but it's the population numbers that seem to make a difference. I hope it works out.

Greg

When I opened this thread I got excited, hoping Northampton or Easthampton area...wishful thinking.

Don;t forget, Greenfield HAD a shop. It just seems like this area can't keep a shop in business. You would think being rural would be where the firearm owners are but it's the population numbers that seem to make a difference. I hope it works out.

Greg

That shop is still there. They just got tired of worrying about getting hung up on the state's ridiculous laws/regs and decided to stop selling to us second class citizens. To the best of my knowledge, you can still buy there if you are LE or FD and then swing across the street for some clam strips or a scallop boat at Pete's.

There was another shop on Deerfield St. in Greenfield a few years back. I bought ammo from him a few times.
It's now a "Antique" second hand store...

To the best of my knowledge, you can still buy there if you are LE or FD and then swing across the street for some clam strips or a scallop boat at Pete's.

Been working in Greenfield for 11 years. I was told Jurek used to sell to the public, then they changed and only sell to the LE/FD.
I would think their sales would increase if they sold to the public.

I stop in at Pipiones and see what Rich has for ammo from time to time. Nice guy. I try and support the local guy.

Last edited:
The one on Deerfield St was the one I was referring to. It wasn't that long ago when the minions could buy at Jurek Bros' or at least it doesn't SEEM that long ago. Before the one one Deerfield St., there was the one across from Stop and Shop. That wasn't there too long though. I'm about a mile and a half from Pipionies but he's not really a gun shop but if it's for fishing, he probably has it. I can remember when his shop was across from where it is now. That has to be around 40 years back.

Greg

Odd place to open a shop, Greenfield would bring in more customers. There is a gun shop in Ashfield and when I called they had 2 guns in stock, when I asked if he ever had AR's he reacted like I was from Mars! I hope they try to get a variety but the hippies around here will not like handguns and modern sporting rifles in their towns, they prefer smoking pot and aborting their children.

Good luck with that. Greenfield is one anti-business bunch of c*cksuckers. You'd think a town with scores of devil-filled junkies on the loose might be more business-friendly, but I am here to tell you that it's not.

We are now open! Hours are Tues-Fri 9:00AM-6:00PM and Saturday 8:30AM-5:30PM.
We have live shiners, mousies and spikes for ice fishermen, Thomas & Thomas fine fly rods, and we are an authorized Orvis Dealer. Of course, we also sell guns and ammo! Stop in and say hello.

Good luck with that. Greenfield is one anti-business bunch of c*cksuckers. You'd think a town with scores of devil-filled junkies on the loose might be more business-friendly, but I am here to tell you that it's not.

I was going to comment on that. Greenfield USED to have pride in being a manufacturing town but that's long gone and in it's place are a handful of dollar stores, a meth clinic, motels that have turned into homeless shelters, and all the drugs you could want. It's OK though because we also have the famous Al Norman[rolleyes] here to prevent WalMart from building a store in town (we haven't had a dept store for 10+ years now). There are a few good places but they're overshadowed by the bad.

Will have to take the short drive up the trail to check out your new shop.

Greg

Last edited:
Wish you well . I have a soft spot for charlamont when I moved up from South Florida as a kid it was were I saw my first snow . My uncle managed a grocery store there. Will stop and say hi.

Back
Top Bottom