New PPK carry and custom work options?

So I finally picked up a NIB Walther PPK (S&W). I've been dying to get one for quite some time, despite some not so glowing reviews, and finally took the plunge. Now: without having even taken it to the range, my right hand has already seen some of the problems with this gun. It has some sharp edges on the safety that have nibbled at my thumb already. My trigger finger has been nipped by the edge of the frame/trigger area. I know that Cylinder & Slide does some nice custom work on these pistols. I would like to do something similar to there throat/polish job, carry bevel and trigger job. I don't want to wait 10 months and I'd like to do it somewhat locally (I'm on the Cape). Has anyone had any experience with gunsmiths working on one of these guns?

I also need to find the best way to carry it. I can't carry it IWB due to my daily dress, so that really leaves a pocket holster or ankle holster. Any thoughts?

Any defensive ammo suggestions would also be appreciated. I bought some range ammo and some hollow points, but it seems these guns can be a little finnicky about feeding HPs. Glaser safety slugs any good?

I daily carry the PPK in a crossbreed supertuck holster. IWB.
The shirt tucking works great. Some gun shops around me are starting to stock
these holsters. You may want to try one first.

Mike Larocca in Worchester has a page on his website dealing just with walthers ppks. I've never had any work done by him but if you search the forum he seems to get good reviews from others here. http://www.laroccagunworks.com/custom_walther.shtml

Probably the best option, especially here in MA. The edges really do suck. Saving up pennies to send mine to Mike as well.

Thanks for the link! I think what I'd like to do with it will cost almost as much as the purchase price, LOL! What is anyone using as HD ammo?

Back
Top Bottom