• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Poll - From Coalition to Stop Gun Violence

Only choices at the end are "conservative, moderate, or liberal". What the Hell? I am none of those!

How about the "I have principles, and primarily they are 'leave people and their wallet the f*ck alone" Libertarian option?

Wow. Unless they are doing an A-B comparison of people who identify as anti-gun vs. some other group, they are breaking a fundamental rule of research study methodology.

If they publish this without disclosing their recruiting bias, such conduct is grounds for retraction.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They will acknowledge potential bias in the discussion section and NEJM will publish eagerly.

Done. Even the way the questions are asked shows an anti bias

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It appears that the link is NOT unique, I've seen the same url posted elsewhere (unless it came from an NES member).

The 'news story' in the survey as long with the Politfact 'article' appear to be fictional. I cannot find any independent references to either. I wonder if Politifact cares if their name and logo were expropriated for this purpose.

The principle investigators of the study are in the media domain. So, you're not going to see these results in any medical journals. I don't think you'll see a published paper out of this. They results have been ****ed with and they shouldn't get through peer review based upon they survey questions and the way they went about getting respondents.

Poorly written survey imo, its obvious what they're looking for: correlation between support for gun control and trusting factual data. Trying to make us look crazy and stupid as usual.

All this is pointless anyway. America has a unique history with guns so any outside comparison is useless. I would be interested to see data on gun related crime in U.S. cities with strict gun control vs those with loose gun laws before and after the passing of each significant piece of state level gun legislation over time. Let's see the actual impact of each regulation over time, including the collective impact.

My data analyst side is cringing at ****ing with data collection processes, but my realist side says "**** those shitbag douchebags and their shitbag ideas. They can all eat a giant bag of dicks"

You can guess what I decided to do

It appears that the link is NOT unique, I've seen the same url posted elsewhere (unless it came from an NES member).

The 'news story' in the survey as long with the Politfact 'article' appear to be fictional. I cannot find any independent references to either. I wonder if Politifact cares if their name and logo were expropriated for this purpose.

The principle investigators of the study are in the media domain. So, you're not going to see these results in any medical journals. I don't think you'll see a published paper out of this. They results have been ****ed with and they shouldn't get through peer review based upon they survey questions and the way they went about getting respondents.

Strictly for propaganda use only.

Completed it, "female, democrat, college educated, black," etc..... against gun control![rofl]

Don't waste your time. This guy is just another wanker collecting money to go on vacations.

"He has received over $1.8 million in research funding from numerous sources..."

"His international work includes research collaborations and/or sabbaticals in Singapore, Malaysia, Nepal, New Zealand, Israel and France."

Drop him a note, or maybe call with your opinions on his so-called "research"...

Albert C. Gunther, School of Journalism and Mass Communication
608-320-0130
314 Hiram Smith Hall
1545 Observatory Drive
Madison, WI

BTW - if you do spend your time on this "research", - maybe cut & paste that URL rather than clicking on it. They'll probably just scrap all the NES referred responses.

Last edited:
Crazy stupid survey, very biased. Wants you to read fake news and then respond to a question seeing if you understood what the conclusion of the fake news was. Very repetitive, stupid lines of questionaing.

And then at the end, do you make 30-40k, 40-50k, 50-60k, 60-70k, 70-80k, 80-90k, 90-100k, 100-150k, or over 150k per year (paraphrasing if you will), but WTF?!?!?! Basically, are you a SJW, a working person, or a trustifarian.

actually demographic data is very important for surveys....

Back
Top Bottom