New Orleans man stopped from carrying AR and 163 rounds of ammunition onto flight

Surprisingly common and usually a stupid mistake. I have represented a fair number of people going into the security screening with guns in their carry on. It's almost always the same story that they are in a rush to pack and grabbed a bag that they took to the range or had their carry gun in. This one is bigger than most but the fact that he wasn't charged with a crime suggests the police thought it was a mistake.

Not defending him but as the article points out, the laws vary by jurisdiction. You shouldn't need to be a frigging attorney to get on a plane.
Bubba prolly just saw "Has to be in a bag.." and said ok gtg.

Surprisingly common and usually a stupid mistake. I have represented a fair number of people going into the security screening with guns in their carry on. It's almost always the same story that they are in a rush to pack and grabbed a bag that they took to the range or had their carry gun in. This one is bigger than most but the fact that he wasn't charged with a crime suggests the police thought it was a mistake.

I kind of get that. I travel for work a lot and I've had a few last minute packing sessions that ended with odd things in the bag.

But HTF do you forget about your SBR with multiple magazines? I struggle to comprehend that one.

What are the outcomes of those cases typically?

In your experience, what is the general consequence for MA LTC holders who make this "mistake?". TSA fine? State level criminal charges? Federal charges? Charges for violating the CMR relating to guns at Logan airport?

I assume it is more than just a fine since they required legal representation.

In your experience, what is the general consequence for MA LTC holders who make this "mistake?". TSA fine? State level criminal charges? Federal charges? Charges for violating the CMR relating to guns at Logan airport?

I assume it is more than just a fine since they required legal representation.
I've seen it a few ways with no real rhyme or reason. Sometimes they're charged with improper storage and violation of airport security, a felony. Often they are summonsed in for a clerk's hearing. I have also negotiated a big reduction in TSA fines.

Also sometimes the ltc is suspended and other times the police issuing the license see it's a mistake and take no action.

Last edited:
thanks to tsa for saving us.
if you bother to watch the video while they pan it along the table, there're more BS items in there.
interesting that wrenches also get confiscated. go figure.

1676913589536.png

Last edited:
I kind of get that. I travel for work a lot and I've had a few last minute packing sessions that ended with odd things in the bag.

But HTF do you forget about your SBR with multiple magazines? I struggle to comprehend that one.
When you have enuff to start missplacing them... your apt to forget

I found a gun i had stashed in a bag years ago i forgot about recently

I think this is just a set up,to show the American people how dangerous the AR's are with pistol braces.

if you bother to watch the video while they pan it along the table, there're more BS items in there.

View attachment 723290
One of those stupid credit card sized multi tools is in there too. [rofl] I feel safer already.

View attachment 723290
they confiscate tools over some length (6", maybe?)

It seems to be at the inspectors' discretion, though. I was traveling between Boston and Detroit to inspect parts from a manufacturer as we brought them towards final release. On the first four flights, they let me through with the same kit of tools. On #5, they noticed my PH#2 driver, and told me I couldn't keep it; I could use it as a weapon, donchaknow.

When you have enuff to start missplacing them... your apt to forget

I found a gun i had stashed in a bag years ago i forgot about recently
I feel like a AR pistol with around 5 fully loaded mags is hard not to notice when you just grab a bag to pack your shit in.

If they were Pmags with 110gr 300blk, that's a bit over a pound a mag, which means that when empty to pack, an AR pistol's running about 5-7lbs, so the guy picked up a 10lb empty bag and thought nothing was off about it.

I'm having a hard time with the incompetence displayed by the gun owner on this one.

Back
Top Bottom