• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Orleans man stopped from carrying AR and 163 rounds of ammunition onto flight

Maybe a spare stock? not sure. He's looking for some ATF attention with that shit though.

I was wondering if that's why it was in the photo...like speculation guy is making this SBR when no one is looking. But the stock itself is rather innocuous, which alone makes it dumb to be in the photo for any sense of accomplishment by these people.

I was wondering if that's why it was in the photo...like speculation guy is making this SBR when no one is looking. But the stock itself is rather innocuous, which alone makes it dumb to be in the photo for any sense of accomplishment by these people.
Theres a reasonable chance the person who staged the photo doesn't even know what it is

I feel like a AR pistol with around 5 fully loaded mags is hard not to notice when you just grab a bag to pack your shit in.

If they were Pmags with 110gr 300blk, that's a bit over a pound a mag, which means that when empty to pack, an AR pistol's running about 5-7lbs, so the guy picked up a 10lb empty bag and thought nothing was off about it.

I'm having a hard time with the incompetence displayed by the gun owner on this one.
get to the gym more then

So you're saying working out inhibits your ability to figure out if a bag has 10lbs worth of shit in it or not?
Thats pants on head retarded.

I visit the gym 3x a week and I've never lost track of that kind of weight in a bag.
Gotta hit 6 times a week

Lol idk man none of what i said was serious

It boggles my mind that there are still clueless people who bring unchecked guns though airport security. They've only had metal detectors for about...40-50 years now.

I’d pay good money just to punch this a**h*** in the face.

lol why? Other than doing something dumb, he basically did nothing wrong. He broke some law that makes stupid people/government knob/authority polishers, upset.

Is it stupid? From a practical matter, sure. Does it deserve abuse or incarceration? no.

I think the only universe I could be legitimately mad at the guy is if somehow it f***ed up the whole airport and made a bunch of people miss their planes etc. But even then, that would be a TSA overreaction, not a problem caused by the idiot.

I feel like a AR pistol with around 5 fully loaded mags is hard not to notice when you just grab a bag to pack your shit in.

If they were Pmags with 110gr 300blk, that's a bit over a pound a mag, which means that when empty to pack, an AR pistol's running about 5-7lbs, so the guy picked up a 10lb empty bag and thought nothing was off about it.

I'm having a hard time with the incompetence displayed by the gun owner on this one.
I just looked at this headline again, how did he get to 163 rounds? On top of what you said:

163/30 is some uneven number multiple of 30 or 60, hell throw a 100 round beta mag in there and it still doesn't add up.

I mean, I could get 3 rounds, or 33 rounds, but 163? That's a lot of loading and then saying 'meh, close enough' on that last one.

edit: went and did some maths:

Even at 29 rounds per mag, that's 5.6 mags. So like 18 rounds in the last mag?
30 rounds 5.4 mags, same 'meh, close enough' to finish the box off?

Or maybe I should read the article and there were loose rounds, but this is funnier in my mind.

Whatever you do, don’t bring your range bag as a carry-on

I just looked at this headline again, how did he get to 163 rounds? On top of what you said:

163/30 is some uneven number multiple of 30 or 60, hell throw a 100 round beta mag in there and it still doesn't add up.

I mean, I could get 3 rounds, or 33 rounds, but 163? That's a lot of loading and then saying 'meh, close enough' on that last one.

edit: went and did some maths:

Even at 29 rounds per mag, that's 5.6 mags. So like 18 rounds in the last mag?
30 rounds 5.4 mags, same 'meh, close enough' to finish the box off?

Or maybe I should read the article and there were loose rounds, but this is funnier in my mind.

I thought maybe he was one of the only load 29 in the mag guys.

I just think it’s interesting that they think one rifle and 163 rds means anything.

It’s a scare tactic.. the Unabomber never shot a single round, and when 9/11 happened there weren’t any guns involved

Imagine they were guns on that plane carried by civilians what’s the worst? That could happen not 911

Back
Top Bottom