new Mossberg 835

D

daveInME

I just bought a brand new Mossberg 835 12 ga pump shotgun.

I can't say I'm all that impressed with it's quality.
1st the large Mossberg sticker they had on the stock took off a good chunk of camo when I peeled it off. next thing is that after 5 rounds the next shot shell fell out of the gun, instead of feeding into the chamber.

I was on my 2nd set of 3 shots,
when I went to cycle the spent 2nd shell out of the gun, and put the 3rd (and last) one into the chamber, it ejected the 2nd shell normally and I heard a "THUD" and looked down and the 3rd shot shell was lying on the ground, never even had the chance to continue the cycle and chamber it.

on the plus side it patterns very nicely, nice round cluster of holes surrounding where I was aiming for.

Contact Mossberg and see what they will do for you.

even better, I went back to the store where I bought it (Hussey's in Windsor ME)
even though it was brand new, it was dirty inside, and causing the cycle timing to be off slightly, so they cleaned and lubed it. Not only was there no charge for the clean and lube, but they gave me back some money for the camo that had come off with the sticker, after asking if that was ok.

can't say enough good things about Hussey's as a store, no matter what dept I buy from.

hussey.bmp

everything you need for a traditional red neck wedding

Back
Top Bottom