New Model Savage A22 in 22lr

That is one of the main advantages of these rifles. We own stainless Savage Axis rifles in .223 and .308, both mounted with 3X-9X Leupold scopes. I started training little Jill with subsonic .22 LR (Remington) so she can concentrate on her target instead of the rifle's report.

Agreed, why not make it fun? You can certainly learn a lot about marksmanship with a .22.

Sooooooo after taking everything apart, and attempting to put everything back together, the trigger won’t reset. The new spring took the weight down some, but now I have to push the trigger forward for it to reset, I guess I bent a spring or something, that is a PITA trigger assembly.

I may have to splurge on the jard setup, bleh.

I did notice it’s substantially more accurate with the SV than mini mags.

Sooooooo after taking everything apart, and attempting to put everything back together, the trigger won’t reset. The new spring took the weight down some, but now I have to push the trigger forward for it to reset, I guess I bent a spring or something, that is a PITA trigger assembly.

you will find more often than not SV ammo is more accurate. Get into the really accurate mmo like Tenex and you will see velocities in the 1050-1075fps range.

If you look back in this thread i did the same thing. I put it back together with the stock spring and not that. I ended up sending to savage in Westfield and they reassembled and it's worked great ever since.

Oh nice, and they fixed it, I’ll give them a call tomorrow. Getting that larger spring inside the housing was not an easy task, I think I ended up deforming it.

Mac, will sv hold for longerish distances, like 100yards? Also, I had no idea .22 rounds could get that expensive!

Oh nice, and they fixed it, I’ll give them a call tomorrow. Getting that larger spring inside the housing was not an easy task, I think I ended up deforming it.

Mac, will sv hold for longerish distances, like 100yards? Also, I had no idea .22 rounds could get that expensive!

100 yards is fun with the A22. So is 200. Don’t sell that rifle short.

I generally shoot 200 yards more often than anything , 100 yards for 4” steel
Inless its really windy , then I will get down to 50 yards, my 10 year old daughter does not even like shooting closer than 50 yards

Good ammo cost more , dont matter what it is. The key to 22lr is consistent velocity and bullet size and rim thickness

Back
Top Bottom