New Mil Surp Collection

colt_fan

NES Member
I've been really getting into collecting Mil Surp rifles in the past few months. Here is my small collection that I plan on growing, I think that I'm going to focus on getting a Garand next. So far, my favorite rifle to shoot is the Swiss K31.

Untitled.jpg

Ray, I know that the Chinese SKS is still blonde. I have all the stuff you told me to get to return it to original. That's going to be my winter project.

It was actually manufactured by Enfield in 1918. I am still trying to figure out what all the markings are on it. That's one of the fun things about these older rifles, trying to decipher the history of them.

nice enfield it looks like a lithgow, whats the mfg and date?

Ray, I know that the Chinese SKS is still blonde. I have all the stuff you told me to get to return it to original. That's going to be my winter project.

As I looked at your pic I was particularly liking the blonde look on that SKS. May not be original, but it makes it look very sharp.

I've been really getting into collecting Mil Surp rifles in the past few months. Here is my small collection that I plan on growing, I think that I'm going to focus on getting a Garand next. So far, my favorite rifle to shoot is the Swiss K31.

Untitled.jpg

The Chinese SKS doesn't look bad blonde. Just remember you can use amber shellac to return it to that orange tint if you ever want to.[wink]

I see a Russian refurb SKS, star on the side of the receiver? Double cross bolt design makes me think maybe a late model like a 1955/1956.

I too like my Swiss rifles. Great triggers, very accurate, and smooth and fast as hell when it comes to straight bolt action.

I've been practicing the shellac on softer hardwoods to minimize any screw ups. The best results I've had is to thin it down and make sure the rag is just wet.

You are right on the money with the Russian SKS. All SN matching except the magazine. The magazine does not have one.

If I do not get a Garand as my next C&R, it'll probably be because of a Swiss 1911.

The Chinese SKS doesn't look bad blonde. Just remember you can use amber shellac to return it to that orange tint if you ever want to.[wink]

I see a Russian refurb SKS, star on the side of the receiver? Double cross bolt design makes me think maybe a late model like a 1955/1956.

I too like my Swiss rifles. Great triggers, very accurate, and smooth and fast as hell when it comes to straight bolt action.

Nice collection, you have more SKSs than me but you do lack in the mosin department.

As far as the garand goes get it they are awesome [smile], I to love my K31 if ammo wasn't so expensive I would shoot it more. And you do need more mosins.

Everytime I get something new, it takes away from the Garand fund. I've seen so many inexpensive Mosins and I purchased them I'd have no storage room left. Plus I have an addiction to Colt 1911s...

Nice collection, you have more SKSs than me but you do lack in the mosin department.

As far as the garand goes get it they are awesome [smile], I to love my K31 if ammo wasn't so expensive I would shoot it more. And you do need more mosins.

Back
Top Bottom