New LTC A looking someone to take him to the range.

Hi, I've been reading the forum for a while now and I think there's a lot of great people here. After 4 weeks of waiting, I finally picked up my LTC Class A. Now the search begins for a first pistol. I was hoping I could find some people here who owned some of the pistols I've begun to research and would be willing to go to the range and let me give them a go. I hope it's ok if I ask here. It's just hard to know what might work for me without trying them. I'm happy to pay for ammo and expenses.

Guns I'd like to try: Glock 34, Springfield XD, H&K USP, Walther P99, 1911A1, ???

I'd like something for target practice (perhaps IPSC) and home defense. I have a T&H restriction so concealability is not a concearn (since I won't be carrying).

I know it's asking a lot, but I thought this would be the place to ask.

Thanks!

Hey there! Welcome. I'm in Somerville too and the range is only 15 minutes away. You're doing what I should've done years ago... try before you buy. I don't have much in terms of handguns... Two Para Ord 1911s (one big, one small), so I'm not a one stop shop for everything you want to try out. That doesn't mean we shouldn't go though. :) We'll definitely bring those, and I can let you have the run of my long guns too. (What better for HD than a 12 gauge?)

Send me an email through the forum.

Last edited:
I shoot at MRA in Woburn, and if you'd like to tag along one day, you're more than welcome to try out my guns. I only have 4 you could try, but they are a Walther P99, HK USP Compact 40, HK SOCOM, and S&W 22a.

I don't make it to the range too often due to working ridiculous hours, but I'm always looking for an excuse [grin]

PM me if you're interested some day

wolfprime said:
Hi, I've been reading the forum for a while now and I think there's a lot of great people here. After 4 weeks of waiting, I finally picked up my LTC Class A. Now the search begins for a first pistol. I was hoping I could find some people here who owned some of the pistols I've begun to research and would be willing to go to the range and let me give them a go. I hope it's ok if I ask here. It's just hard to know what might work for me without trying them. I'm happy to pay for ammo and expenses.

Guns I'd like to try: Glock 34, Springfield XD, H&K USP, Walther P99, 1911A1, ???

I'd like something for target practice (perhaps IPSC) and home defense. I have a T&H restriction so concealability is not a concearn (since I won't be carrying).

I know it's asking a lot, but I thought this would be the place to ask.

Thanks!

Wolf,

I'm on the North Shore, but I've got a S&W SW99 (the twin to the Walther P99) in both .40 S&W (full size) and 9mm (compact). I've also got an AutoOrdnance 1911A1. Always willing to take folks to the range; more than happy to let new shooters try out my guns. Give a yell if interested.

Back
Top Bottom