New Keltec, Sub 2000, 1st time out

That price for the 40 was crazy, I couldn't hit the buy now button fast enough.. but I got it. I just got another one for a friend on GB for 431.00 plus shipping... I'm hoping to find a little time, probably sunday to hit the range with the 40...

That price for the 40 was crazy, I couldn't hit the buy now button fast enough.. but I got it. I just got another one for a friend on GB for 431.00 plus shipping... I'm hoping to find a little time, probably sunday to hit the range with the 40...

Maybe Saturday.... don't think I can wait till sunday.. gun show this morning at the Big E in West Springfield... range this afternoon.. !!!!! Ya baby..

yea I tried to sand down the base plate and still NADA.

Keep sanding! I used a bench top belt sander and had to take about an 1/8th of an inch off the bottom of the grip to get mine to lock in. Came very close to the screw that holds the grip together.

Last edited:
Keep sanding! I used a bench top belt sander and had to take about an 1/8th of an inch off to get mine to lock in. Came very close to the screw that holds the grip together.
I'm not sanding the Grip if that's what you did? An 1/8 inch and it wont slide back on the Mag. atleast mine didn't. Actually don't think the sides where it slides back on the Mag and locks got so thin it wouldn't stay on, I have a few extras so ill try again. glock-19-magazine-floor-plate.jpg

Last edited:
Did you take the 1/8 in off the grip? I went slowly and kept testing fit until the mag. Locked into the mag release. I have the glock 19 model -- my g17 mags worked fine. -- it was my g19 U notch mags that didn't fit

just an F.Y.I the gen 2 glock version doesn't like u-notch mags

I fixed that sheit before I went to the range... I dremeled out the front and rear of the inside of the magwell, then flat sanded the bottom of the grip for the rest.. works like a dream..

I have the g17 version I just got some square notch.not worth modifying the the rifle but that's just me.

I know what your sayin, I just like to tinker.. and should the need arise.. there is nothing that won't fit in mine. Looks like it came from the factory.. I also put a little file on the tip of the trigger, that damn thing was sharp. I'm doing my 40KT as I type this, setting it up for a red dot at 45* to.. maybe get some pics up.. just tinkerin...

I found a sub 2k gen 2 G19 version BNIB at Outback Arms in Plympton. Great price and service! Had one left still in stock as of Friday. Call to double check to check if still available. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom