New here

Hello everyone, I am a new member here. This site was actually recommended to me by a friend of mine in VT. I just got my Class A large capacity (non-restricted) LTC last week. I haven't made any purchases yet but i plan to very soon.

I think i am going to go with a Glock 26 for my first gun. I am looking for something small enough to carry, but big enough i can still put some rounds through it and be comfortable. My friend has a 27 that he carries and i have shot it before. I thought it was pretty good and liked the size. I'm not overly concerned with the comfort part. I know it is not a great range gun but i am also get a P22 and either G19 or Sig 229 in 9mm as more of a range and occasional carry gun.

The thing that is holding me up right now is finding a nice 26. I might even go with a 27 but i prefer the 26 for now. I checked four seasons, they are all out. I called a few other places i saw on the list here and no body had much. I see zero arms has 3 26's and 3 27's so i might be taking a ride down there this weekend. I'll probably even throw up a WTB post in the classified section too.

So if anyone knows of any MA compliant Glock 26's send me a PM [grin]

hi there,
welcome aboard....
Good luck on your hunt for first gun. I have a Glock 27 also and I love it. Great guns.

I will keep my eyes peeled for you.
See ya around the forum.
Rob

Check the classifieds. They're always floating around and usually considerably cheaper than you'll find at a store.

Zero hour I think is pretty expensive but they usually have harder to find guns.

You might want to just consider going with the G19 (Zero Hour has a 3rd gen).
I carry a G36 and with the magazine inserted is pretty much the same size as a G19 or G23. It even fits in the same holster.

Which makes me sometimes want a G19 in case I want to change up my carry piece.

The G36 only holds 6 rounds and if I had a G19 with a hi-cap it would mean I don't need to carry 2 spare magazines around with me all the time.

Thanks guys. The reason i want the 26 is to try and cut down on the different amounts of ammunition i have to buy. 9mm right now is pretty cheap and i know i will be getting another 9mm soon.

If i got the G19 I would still get a 26 though. My friend from VT called me yesterday to give me a hard time. He just picked up a brand new G19 for $500 i think it was.

Zero hour i thought had fair prices for what was listed. I wish some of these dealers put up pictures. Zero is over an hour away so if i get there and dont like them, i have to drive a hour home. Thats $50 wasted just in gas!

From what i have seen, at a dealer, a G26/27 will run an average of $700-750 for the box and 2 mags, some have the night sights some don't.

Last edited:
I think i am going to go with a Glock 26 for my first gun. I am looking for something small enough to carry, but big enough i can still put some rounds through it and be comfortable.

Welcome to NES. If you cannot find a G26 that fits your needs, you may want to try the Glock 19, the mid-size 9mm Glock. It's not really that much bigger and would be a bit more comfirtable for extended range use. Carl does list one on the Four Seasons website for a reasonable price.

I'm not overly concerned with the comfort part.

Why aren't you overly concerned about comfort?

Go with the Sig. Get a 229 if you have larger hands or a 239 if you have smaller hands. Go to a shop that carries them and hold them. Find one you like. Find someone who has one who would let you take a test drive at the range some day.

I really like it so far. Alot of MA guys which is good! At least we are all in the same boat. I've been on some other boards but i don't think people, who live in other states, realize what we have to go through here. Not to mention, most don't even realize there is an approved roster list. Can't just go buy any gun you want.

Remember, a Glock only has to predate 21OCT1998 if it is being sold by an FFL (Dealer). You can buy any handgun (even ones not on the "approved roster") in a FTF (Face-To-Face) deal.

On that note I've shot a couple Sigs, and while they are really nice guns, you cannot beat the price or reliability of a Glock. I own two, a 2nd Gen G29 that I paid $400 for and a 3rd Gen G22 that was refurb'd for $500. Good deals are out there so be patient and don't overpay.

I meant more comfort of trying to shoot it at a range as a range gun. I want the sub compact 26 of the compact 19 just for its smaller size. Even though it is not that much smaller, that little bit can make the difference. I thought the 27 was comfortable to hold and shoot, just not a gun i want to put 300 rounds through at a range.

Welcome to NES!

I'm a Sig gal, but the Glocks are nice too. Either way, there's always good deals in the NES classifieds.

Some of the guys from Zerohour post here, I am willing to bet if you are polite they will snap and email you a picture of a gun you are interested in. They seem like good guys.

I actually just spoke with one of the guys at zero arms. He seemed very nice and gave me his honest opinion on the guns i was interested in. I won't be able to get down there till friday most likely so hopefully it will still be there.

Not sure where in MA you are located, but if it isn't too far to drive try Tombstone Trading in Brookfield. Dave there seems to always have quite a few Glocks, some with extra mags or other accessories for decent prices. I bought my G17 there and love it.

Jamie

Oh, and welcome to NES![grin]

Why matter of fact............

resize60.jpg

Back
Top Bottom