New guns!

Here's a question: What's better than a new gun?

Answer: Four new guns.

Second question: What's better than four new guns?

Answer: Four FREE new guns.

ColtPolicePositive.jpg

This is a Colt Police Positive .38S&W (also known as .38 Colt or .38 Long Colt).

ColtJunior.jpg

This is a Colt Junior .25 ACP pocket pistol. It needs a new grip panel (if you look closely you can see that it's snapped clean in two) and another magazine or two, but it'll be a great back-up gun.

SWModel38.jpg

Here's a Smith & Wesson Model 38 Airweight in .38 Special.

BrowningBDA-380.jpg

Our last gun is a Browning BDA-380, a 13-round capacity DA/SA pistol. While .380 ACP is about as small as I'd care to bet my life on, having 14 rounds at the ready is nothing to sneeze at.

I have a 1908 Colt Vest Pocket (not sure how the grips differ from the Junior) But a friend of mine is making me some new grips out of Ivory.

Arrr

-Weer'd Beard

Very nice acquisitions, Jay. I have a S&W Airweight just like that. It's a great "pocket" gun.

Weer'd Beard said:
I have a 1908 Colt Vest Pocket (not sure how the grips differ from the Junior) But a friend of mine is making me some new grips out of Ivory.

Arrr

-Weer'd Beard

That sounds like those will be nice! Post some pics of it when it's done, Weer'd!

Nice guns. I wish it were easier to get pistols in NY. We have toget them added to our permit, so it takes about 2 weeks. Kind of helps though, cuts down on impulse buys. :p

Thanks everyone. Not to be much of a killjoy, but the guns were the result of a good friend of the family's passing away. He was in a lot of pain towards the end, so it was almost a relief, but still...

Hoping to try out the Browning and the S&W this weekend...

Jay G said:
Lynne said:
I'm drooling Jay....you lucky SOB. [wink]

Hey, I'd be more than happy to let you shoot any of 'em... Provided you could find a range... ;)

The only time we get to the range of late is with students - that would be tough. However, if this weekend looks promising, I'll give a holler and we'll head over to HHRG if you're free. How's that? :D

Lynne said:
Jay G said:
Lynne said:
I'm drooling Jay....you lucky SOB. [wink]

Hey, I'd be more than happy to let you shoot any of 'em... Provided you could find a range... ;)

The only time we get to the range of late is with students - that would be tough. However, if this weekend looks promising, I'll give a holler and we'll head over to HHRG if you're free. How's that? :D

Lynne, I'd love to, but unfortunately this weekend is all full... Granted, I will get to do some shooting on Sunday, but it's still full. I'd like to take you up on that generous offer soon, though - HHRG is #1 on my list of gun clubs to check out & join...

Jay G said:
Lynne, I'd love to, but unfortunately this weekend is all full... Granted, I will get to do some shooting on Sunday, but it's still full. I'd like to take you up on that generous offer soon, though - HHRG is #1 on my list of gun clubs to check out & join...

Not to get more off topic (too late :D ) - we'll get you there soon Jay.

Lynne said:
Jay G said:

It's not TOO off-topic - I need to SHOOT my new guns... :)

Jay G said:
Lynne said:
Jay G said:

It's not TOO off-topic - I need to SHOOT my new guns... :)

That's true. And, you DID start the thread, so you can trash it. [lol] [lol] [lol]

Back
Top Bottom