Top to bottom:

Remington Model 511 Rangemaster .22LR bolt-action rifle
Harrington & Richardson "Sportsman" .22LR 9-shot revolver
Craft Prod. Model K-25 .25 ACP

Here's a close-up of the H&R:

Newguns10-12-06005.jpg

And the .25 ACP:

Newguns10-12-06004.jpg

Yeah, the .25 is a little on the rough side. I couldn't resist the price, though...

FREE!

All three were extremely generous donations to the "Jay Likes Guns" Fund by a friend of my dad's who is retiring to FLA and didn't want to bring them with him... So they have a new loving home...

These are my acquisitions of the week.
Not exactly free, but relatively cheap.

Beretta 1935 arrived on Wednesday
Beretta1935.jpg

FN 1910 should arrive today/tomorrow
FN1910.jpg

as should the Dreyse 1907
Dreyse1907.jpg

About time that I'm looking into 9mm's and bigger as I seem to be stuck with 32's lately.

Just got my M1 Garand delivered today to the office.. will post pics as soon as I can.

Nice finds for you guys though!

My Dad has that exact same H&R Sportsman model. It's a great 22lr plinker. Very reliable and fun to shoot. I've shot it many times and really like the top break on it. You'll have a lot of shooting it.

I still kick myself for passing up a nice Remington 22 like that at a gun show where a guy had some plinkers for as low as $30. Of course when I went back it was gone.

It must be nice to have enough money to buy a few guns at a time... [sad2] Why don't you boys buy ME a gun next time? [smile]

Jen,

First off, I didn't need any money to buy these guns - they were given to me... [smile]

Secondly, my wife gets mad enough at me when I buy ME a gun. I have a feeling her reaction would be markedly more severe if I were to buy a gun and give it to a lovely young lady such as yourself... [wink]

Jen,

First off, I didn't need any money to buy these guns - they were given to me... [smile]

Secondly, my wife gets mad enough at me when I buy ME a gun. I have a feeling her reaction would be markedly more severe if I were to buy a gun and give it to a lovely young lady such as yourself... [wink]

Well, see, if you gave me a gun, we'd be even. Besides, I thought your wife liked me... [laugh]

Range Report!

Let's see... The .25 ACP was a POS. If I get motivated (okay, okay, stop laughing) I might replace the springs and see if it's any better, but for now it's a paperweight.

I put an inexpensive Tasco 4X20mm scope on the Remington:

Newguns10-12-06015.jpg

and took all three new guns to the range.

Since I only put two magazines through the .25, and was more concerned about it firing out of battery than getting shots on paper, there's nothing to report on that one.

The H&R revolver was a sweet plinker, certainly not in the same league as my S&W model 17, but it will be a lot of fun to blast cans with. The sights are seriously off - the guns shoots strongly to the left - so I will need to bring some tools to sight it in properly, but for this round I adjusted. Not too shabby:

HRtarget.jpg

All nine shots were shot double-action and wound up (more or less) in the center. Can't argue with that.

Now... How's the Remington 511 shoot?

In a word: BEAUTIFULLY. Here's the offhand 50' target:

Rem511target3.jpg

and here's the 25 yard target shot from a semi-rest (I was leaning my left elbow on the shooting stand):

Rem511target1.jpg

That's a quarter for comparison.

This gun is sweet. I am going to have to take it to a longer range for 50- and possibly 100 yard work. Most likely I will have to put a better scope on it, though... [smile]

What type of Tasco scope did you use? Is it one of the airgun style diameter tubes?
Looks like the BSA scope I picked up from Wal Mart that fits my Romanian M69 trainer in 22lr. The BSA came with rings and was only about $15. Reason why I chose it was because the clamps actually fit the machining base of the Romi receiver, something that most mounts don't do unless the'ye the oddball airgun size.

And another one added to the growing collection:
FÉMÁRÚ-FEGYVER_ÉS GÉPGYÁR RT.37 or P.37 (u) for the Wehrmacht,
where they were carried, too
P37.jpg

Stay tuned for pics of another one, a 1938 Walther PP .32 ; catch of the day.

Back
Top Bottom