New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hi, everyone. I just registered. I'm a newbie to the world of firearms shooting/collecting. My name's John, 29, and I live in Burlington, MA. I'm an artist/animator and I develop video games for Nintendo consoles and handhelds for the past 7 or so years. I'm an avid gamer (PC and console), love motorsports (love my Mustang), and love my country.

I've always loved firearms, ever since I shot my first .22 rifle in the Boy Scouts when I was a little kid. I owned and disowned lots of BB guns when I was a kid, pump and Co2 pistols and rifles, and also fired a 1911 and a glock at a range one time when I was on vacation with my parents in Florida (I outshot my father on the 1911 which I was very proud of at the time because he was issued one when he was in the military).

I hadn't touched a real gun for a long time during my teens and early 20's while I was traveling all over the US and Canada for school and stuff. A few years ago I started to gain interest again in firearms. I went to a Machine gun shoot at Hanson Gun Club and blew about $300 firing all sorts of rifles, pistols, light machine guns, heavy machine guns, sub machine guns, assault rifles, whatever I could get my hands on. My roomate even ponied up the dough to fire the minigun that they had there.

Since then, I had the 'bug'. I didn't know much about gun laws in MA, and assumed that it was nearly impossible to acquire a LTC in this state. I ended up getting into Airsoft pretty extensively (I'm assuming most of you hate 'crapsoft' like every other gun forum on the net so I'll leave out the details) and spent thousands of dollars on gear and guns. Lately, I've been really aching to get back into real guns and stop wasting my money on toy guns.

I've been doing a lot of research over the past few months, reading forums like this one and reading up on MA laws, and I feel I'm ready to apply for a LTC. I'm heading down to MA Rifle Association's range this weekend to check the place out and possibly apply for membership. I need to take a Basic Firearms safety course so I can get my LTC. I've popped into Four Seasons gun shop a couple of times, and the guys there are really friendly and helpful...I had no idea the gun community in MA was so big and accessible. It's really refreshing to see that even in The Peoples Republic of MA the second amendment hasn't been entirely quashed.

Thats me in a rather wordy nutshell!

I ended up getting into Airsoft pretty extensively (I'm assuming most of you hate 'crapsoft' like every other gun forum on the net so I'll leave out the details)
Wrong, grasshopper! [wink] I don't think that I've seen that much said one way or the other about airsoft here, but I do know that some folks say that it's a great way to train indoors in your basement and to practice your draw.

There's not much we do hate, other than the gun laws in MA, the Mayor of Boston, the various Brady personnel who masquerade as Chiefs of Police in places like Brockton, Boston, Worcester, etc, and the attorney general's gun control laws consumer protection regulations that ban guns that aren't "safe for the children". [rolleyes]

Good luck on your LTC - there's an active gun law forum with several "stickied" threads on applying for an LTC. Perusing it might help you out a bit.

Oh... and welcome to NES, John!

Ross

ETA - well, OK. Some of us hate Combat Tupperware Glocks.

Good luck on your LTC - there's an active gun law forum with several "stickied" threads on applying for an LTC. Perusing it might help you out a bit.

Thanks. Yeah, those threads were the main reason why I joined this forum. There was so much useful and easy to find information there I couldn't believe it.

Thanks. Yeah, those threads were the main reason why I joined this forum. There was so much useful and easy to find information there I couldn't believe it.
Hey, we've all been there - that's why we want to save everyone ELSE the crap that we've all gone through. [smile]

Welcome John. Good to have you around. We have another member or two up in your area. Maybe they will tell you how hard it was got get their LTC.

You should have never told them you develop games... They are going to get you to give them free games. LOL!

There's a clan around here...so I'm sure that you'll fit right in. Two jobs, two kids, two carpayments, a motorcycle payment, a house, two grills and a smoker... I don't have the time I did for games anymore. LOL!

But, you'll have to go green and come out to our shoots. The number of guns that you've shot will go up A LOT!

Getting Cold!

...but that's to be expected. Remember a couple or three years ago we had snow on Halloween?? At least we did up here in New Hampshire. Brrrr! There was snow on the ground for over six months that year.

Hi everyone. New guy here. What are we called? FNGs? [laugh]

I'm ex-military, and I am a machinist/mechanic/welder/mad scientist by trade, but fell into a job working at a Harley dealership in the parts room. I like it. Lots of good folks, and friendly staff. There's always someone there to talk about my favorite subject (bikes), so I never get bored.

I'm glad I found this site though. Looks like a great place to meet friends - people who like guns and shooting like me.

I'm 49, I have two kids and two grandkids.

Five weeks ago I was in a wicked motorcycle accident. It is amazing I am still alive. I have a lot of broken bones to mend, and a head injury to get over, but they say I am going to be fine. Other than than my injuries were mild, because I was wearing full protective gear, full-face helmet included. I have a sore hip, an ACL separation on my shoulder, and sternum, and my clavicle is poking out, but all thats getting better. To top it all off, just when I am feeling low and like I'm a wreck, and sick of being laid-up, my son tells me his girlfriend's cousin had a motorcycle crash and lost both his legs due to it.

...talk about feeling lucky. ...and humble. [sad]

Well, thats me. I love guns, and stuff that runs. I love fishing too. I used to do a little guiding up 'round these parts. I'm not so much a hunter these days. I'm working too hard to get much time off for that sort of thing. I'm happy tinkering with my bikes and guns.

Good to be here! [grin]

...talk about feeling lucky. ...and humble. [sad]

Glad you came out the other end of that one in one piece. My father is a biker, and recently lost a friend of his a couple months ago. He fell off of his bike on the highway for reasons unknown, and skidded into a metal guard rail. The rail disemboweled him. [sad2]

...on a positive note, welcome to the forums. I'm an FNG as well.

Welcome, Higgy! Glad to hear that you were wearing good protective gear when you had your gettum-off. You'll find that there are quite a few of your fellow ex-mil folks here (and thank you for serving!) and there are also quite a few of us biker scum types here, too. (I ride an '86 BMW R80RT.)

I think if you do a search you might find a thread where we all posted pictures of our bikes...

Hello all, Tony from NH here. Pretty new to the handgun side of firearms. My wife and I just took the basic pistol course and look forward to more training in the future.

hello:registered last night,my name is larry.live in plymouth ma,been shooting for quite awhile.gallery and cowboy action,might start trap soon.i was told about this site and its what i have been looking for,information and small talk.found some gun related parts allready.thanks

hello:registered last night,my name is larry.live in plymouth ma,been shooting for quite awhile.gallery and cowboy action,might start trap soon.i was told about this site and its what i have been looking for,information and small talk.found some gun related parts allready.thanks

Hey, I know Larry[wink] Welcome to the board!

hello:registered last night,my name is larry.live in Plymouth ma,been shooting for quite awhile.gallery and cowboy action,might start trap soon.i was told about this site and its what i have been looking for,information and small talk.found some gun related parts already.thanks

Welcome neighbor i am sure you will like it here

Hi all, I live in CT. I go to Blue trails for my range. I own two guns for now.
Preban Jager AP-74
Arsenal AK-47 SLR106 FR 5.56 X 45

I plan on adding a M4 and a few pistols to my collection.

Hello

Hello, I have been a member for a little while and enjoy browsing the board. I have been a member of Danvers Fish and Game Club for 20 years and enjoy my spare time there. I have bought and sold in the Classifieds and have not had one problem with any transactions. I moved to Groveland several years ago and at that time I had no problem renewing my Class A LTC and hope next time goes as easy.

I am selling most of my firearms and accessories due to not feeling so well and waiting on the Doctors for there next move. Right know it looks like a neuromuscular problem but I just don’t know.

Thanks

Tom

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom