New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hey guys,

I missed this thread not too long ago when I registered so I figured I drop in now. I just got back to Mass after serving 6 years away. I'm separated from the military and actively perusing my career in the IT field. I have an LTC for FL and MA-'A' and have started my collection all over again here in Mass. I stumbled across the site while I was still active duty and trying to find info on the laws. It turns out that the wealth of knowledge on here is hands down superior to that of any other collective I've yet to come across. Thanks for all the support so far and I'll see you at the range.

New around here..

I'm new around here, but I am a long time IPSC, Three Gun and sometimes Long Range HI Power shooter.

I more or less retired from active IPSC competition quite a few years ago, when my bad knees kept me from chasing the young dogs..

I'm almost 68 years old now and getting the itch to play a bit with IPSC, maybe they have a class of old retreads???

I am mainly a 1911A1 guy, 45 and 38 Super, I have been told that 38 Super is only scored minor now days :-(

I live in Bedford, NH, and I moved out here from Michigan in 2004. I really haven't been able to find any one doing IPSC in New Hampshire..

I also like to play with AR's and Remington 1100's [smile]

well hello

Ray Ninness
DVC L-1050

Wave on the way by :)

Wave and say Hi... And if we get the time talk, there seems to be a lot of information I need to get up to speed with before I venture South of the border, Gun in Hand, so to speak???

[rolleyes]

Welcome to the forum Ray [smile] your only right down the street ..Manchester here drive thru bedford on my way to work.. Enjoy your stay

later , Rob

Newbie here

Hi, my name is Paul, and I live on Cape Cod. Haven't done any shooting since the 70s (hunting). I have my FID, and am waiting on my LTC (I found my Safety instructor on this website). NES was recommended by a coworker, and I am glad she did! I inherited some guns from my father, including my favorite, his WW2 M1 Garand that he used in the South Pacific theatre. I'm here to learn all that I can and support the 2nd amendment--I'm not too happy about the way this government (as well as this state) is eroding our rights, and it doesn't look like it's going to be getting better. I've joined G.O.A.L., the NRA and the Garand Collectors Association recently. I'm not much on posting, as I've got a lot to learn, first.

new, hi all

hello all,
i'm origionally from vermont ( why cant they all be free states? )where i resided most of my life,, shooting handguns only. i used a tc contender in .41 mag( deer in cover ) and 30-30 and 7 mm jdj (deer no matter what),, 14 inch barrels with leopold scopes.... ruger mark 2 .22 lr bull barrel, leopold 2x scope good for headshots on squirrels and bunnys,,, ruger super redhawk .44 mag, 9.5 inch barrel, burris 2x scope,( anything i want to kill in north america)) dan wesson .41 mag 8 inch bull barrel burris 2x scope( my favorite)( again anything that walks) i have lived in mass for 14 years and havent shot a gun in that time, my father has recently passed ( rest in peace dad) and now i must get a ltc and go pick up the guns he has held for me for 15 years. i wish to get back to shooting and competition, reading these forums has me pumped, i cant wait... perhaps ill see some of u at the range.i am (was ) a good competetor in the unlimited class at the songonetuk range comps, now i have to try to remember how to reload all over again lol. you seem like a great bunch. as i have told many,,,, "bet my pistol would outshoot you're rifle" and they did, hehehehe

Last edited:

Hi everyone,
I'm originally from California, but moved out here a couple of years ago for school. I just recently got my LTC-A after figuring out (or at least reaching some understanding) of the MA gun laws. My dad taught me to shoot when I was young and we'd go bird hunting quite often. As I'm just getting back into shooting (and for the first time in MA), I'm looking for advice on ranges around the Boston area.

hi guys new here, had my ltc interview this week, now the waiting game.
really good information on here, i'll defenitly be checking out braintree the place sounds great! i work in quincy and live in brockton so thats a great conveince, also hows hanson? i hear great things about that place too.
lookin' forward to meeting ya'll and learning more everyday about our "wonderful" laws we have here.
oh, btw jamie from bass pro told me about this site, THANKS JAMIE!! great class

Back
Top Bottom