New Finn M39

Soxfan9

NES Member
Arrived yesterday. 1898 Tula receiver, 1942 Sako bbl, matching bolt, rematched floorplate. Bore is beautiful, and rifle has a very nice trigger. I think this will be one heck of a shooter. It has the best feel for me of any of my bolt action milsurps.
IMG_0246.jpg

Soxfan9 said:
Arrived yesterday. 1898 Tula receiver, 1942 Sako bbl, matching bolt, rematched floorplate. Bore is beautiful, and rifle has a very nice trigger. I think this will be one heck of a shooter. It has the best feel for me of any of my bolt action milsurps.
IMG_0246.jpg

Looks like she has great furniture, and will be a helluva shooter!

Excellentay,!! that model 39 is my alltime favorite Mosin Nagants!! and you
are right about the feel,Thay just fit! gongrats on that beauty!! and here
i go again, if you hand load for that cal. 762x54R try useing .308 Bullets
i know i know i will hear all opinions on this BUT what do you have to loose?
i have several friends and (Myselfe) that use .308 Dia Bullets in FINNISH
Mosin-Nagants only!! a friend of mine shot a 187-4x at Woburn Sps-Club
two Sundays ago!! 187 out of 200 not bad "Offhand"at 200Yds, using .308 bullets!! give it a shot, parden the Pun!

Take Care Sheriff Dudley sass#17925

I love Finn's. I've got 2 of them, an M24 and an M28.

I'll echo what SD is saying about Finn's and .308 bullets. I also use them in my RomAK 3 (PSL) and they shoot really well.

Reloading 7.62x54R isn't a money saving afair, unless you have a Tokarev or Drangunov/PSL. Then it's a matter of getting reasonably priced non-corrosive ammo. You can find cheap, decent 7.62x54R ammo, but the military stuff is corrosive. Clean well after shooting it, and you should have no problems. I use it in my Nagants, and clean well after. I have used it in my PSL, but, I've found it to be more work to clean than a bolt gun.

Back
Top Bottom