New Federal Police Agency Launched

1. There's nothing new about the Capitol Police.
  2. Going by the weekly reports, in a typical week the Capitol Police's primary duties are traffic enforcement. From my vantage point, it looks like a typical patronage dump.
  3. Given that there are more than 100 Federal Police forces, I don't see a huge threat from another one opening regional offices. Like all of those other forces, they are too busy trying to grow their own empires to actually share intel with each other. It's just another way our government wastes money.

2. Going by the weekly reports, in a typical week the Capitol Police's primary duties are traffic enforcement. From my vantage point, it looks like a typical patronage dump.
  3. Given that there are more than 100 Federal Police forces, I don't see a huge threat from another one opening regional offices. Like all of those other forces, they are too busy trying to grow their own empires to actually share intel with each other. It's just another way our government wastes money.

True, but the danger here is that this force would be independent of the executive branch and exempt from Congressional oversight, since Congress will control it directly. It’s a recipe for corruption and waste, as you point out, but it also steps on the toes of local LE in situations they’re perfectly capable of handling.

This expands Congress’ power and also gives them a national armed force loyal to them. That’s a horrible idea.

what's new is the intent of the expansion. They are moving from the swamp to a town near you. Their mission is not to protect federal buildings, or parks, or losing the drug war like the other federal police.
They are tasked with investigating threats (real or imagined) to swamp creatures.

Remember Xiden's slip about having the most inclusive voting fraud machine in history?

Remember Barak Hussein's remark about a national police force?

what's new is the intent of the expansion. They are moving from the swamp to a town near you. Their mission is not to protect federal buildings, or parks, or losing the drug war like the other federal police.
They are tasked with investigating threats (real or imagined) to swamp creatures.

Remember Xiden's slip about having the most inclusive voting fraud machine in history?

Remember Barak Hussein's remark about a national police force?
Barry’s Spy Agency and Police Force Extravaganza

…because the FBI is messy and still has an IG

On another note: given these folks will answerable directly to the Speaker and get their funding from the Speaker and their only mission is to investigate, spy and report threats to “democracy”, there’s a huge incentive to find any “threat to democracy” to justify and amplify their budget. They’ll also have full access to all domestic surveillance collection, presumably without a warrant. Every email, text, call, at their disposal, GOING BACK 20 YEARS.

What could possibly go wrong.

They do, but not all training is the same. It varies from 3 weeks to 26 weeks, plus follow-on OJT and speciality courses.
I know, I attended the Maritime Operations Course, down there, back in the late nineties. That course was a bitch.

I can't remember if this had been asked already, but will / do they answer to and work directly for Pelosi ? Paul
I believe they only answer to Congress, so yes PelosI. First deployment of an office is in SF to search for her enemies.

Capitol Police to use Army surveillance system on Americans to ‘identify emerging threats’

I wouldn’t drum of the paranoia too much…
“They got new equipment for surveillance”.

Come on guys if you’re posting online,log online,Own a cell phone they got ya..
This isn’t news.

“Military grade surveillance equipment”

That might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever read..

How long does it take them to find Saddam or bin Laden?

Don’t you guys remember when Obama used new surveillance technology to single-handedly repelled form a stealth helecopter and kill the terrorist?

You dont remember the rumor/propaganda about night vision contacts?

He’s more believable than sleepy Joe’s, “you’re going to need nukes and F 15’s to take out the government”

What I’d love to see is that half the country that pays their taxes to stop doing that. Then heads will spin

What I’d love to see is that half the country that pays their taxes to stop doing that. Then heads will spin
Automatic withholding was created by the FDR administration when a good chunk of the populace did that during the Great Depression. This is part of US history glossed over because of WW2 putting an undeserved halo on FDR.
States are just as bad if not worse:

I hate tell folks this, but these Mall/Campus Cops all go to a FLETC (Federal Law Enforcement Training Center) There is one in Brunswick, GA.
My 1st ex went to FLETC it isn’t like getting an MBA from Harvard its for teaching the basic understandings in the career you just scammed from a pool of Federal Civil Servents, and some associated firearms and arrest tactics . She said she had a way tougher time at Navy Boot Camp.

Back
Top Bottom